Simple two mode AA light

Deltaoutdoorsman

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys
I just discovered that flashlights had advanced so much that a AA light can now put out more light than my surefire 6P I bought several years ago. I just bought a fenix ld20 and it seems to be a quality light I just am not happy with the complicated mode system. My question is does anybody make a good quality AA light that has two levels of brightness controlled by a tailcap switch.

thanks so much for the input so far, but as far as I can tell most of the lights recommended require you to turn the head or program it. It may not be made but I would simply like a light with a high and low output controlled by the tailcap and run on AA batteries.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Rayovac Indestructible. Its exactly what you asked for and if you don't like it it's so cheap you can give it away or just put two lithium AAs in it and throw it in the glove box and forget it till you need it.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Inova X series for that job.
They are simple,seem well made and just do the job for cheap too.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
FOURSEVENS Quark Tactical QT2A or Quark Tactical QT2A-X or Quark Turbo QB2A. They have multiple outputs but you program which two are available. Tailswitch for on/off; twist head to select output.

tacgearguy

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Rayovac Indestructible. Its exactly what you asked for and if you don't like it it's so cheap you can give it away or just put two lithium AAs in it and throw it in the glove box and forget it till you need it.

+1

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
As a couple others said, for the price of about $15 at Home Depot it's hard to beat the Rayovac Indestructible 2AA.

If you want something brighter and are willing to spend about twice as much, as Ian said before the Fenix E21 is a great light. (this light has 3 modes)

EDIT: as ezeriel pointed out the E21 is 2 mode not 3, not sure why I said 3?

Last edited:

Ezeriel

Enlightened
^the E21 has two modes, and would be a nice alternative to the LD20

The E25 has three modes and a side button.

I don't know of a high quality light with a two mode switch. I'd recommend you get the E21