SL TT 2L and 3C @$23.44; TL-3 @$47.74 @ Amazon

Hardball

Newly Enlightened
As long as you are not in a hurry.

I ordered two Tl-3's on October 16th, (after my due diligence here). I got an email from Amazon last Friday stating they were shipped and should be here on the tenth. :mecry:

Great price and no freight seduced me but three and a half weeks seems a little slow.

Hardball

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's the $12.99 shipping. Still, not a bad overall price for a 12-pk.
And, according to their shipping rate schedule, it's $12.99 for up to $34.99. So, a "volume user" could buy 13 12 pks., and shipping would average out to $1/pk., for a final total price of $3.56/ 12 pk.!

Nice find, wwglen!

If anyone buys multiple 12 pks., pls. post how it comes out.

icebeng

Newly Enlightened
This is really weird, I placed an order for a Streamlight Night Fighter 2 Xenon and a Tasklight 2L3W which have a shipping estimate of 1-2 weeks.
Also ordered a TL-3 which said "usually ships within 24 hrs"
Know what? I just checked and Amazon says the NF-2 and 2L3W have been shipped while the Tl-3 has not....

And I suppose this is a stupid question but have any of you guys gotten the TL-3 yet?
I'm wondering if Amazon is actually sold out and is busy getting new stock from Streamlight?
Wonder if the people that has already gotten theirs received the old one(yellow packaging) or the new one(blue packaging)?

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to search Amazon for a super low cost item that qualifies for fee shipping, so you could mate it up with SL 2L for purchase?

tmf2

Newly Enlightened
Did these TL-3's come in a blue or yellow package. I guess the
blue is an updated version with increased shock resistance for
the bulb. Someone said venders are clearing out the older versions
to make room for the new. The link is somewhere on this forum , but I'm too
tired to look at the present. Sorry.

Dennis

Drew

Newly Enlightened
AFAustin said:
Maybe it's the $12.99 shipping. Still, not a bad overall price for a 12-pk.
And, according to their shipping rate schedule, it's $12.99 for up to $34.99. So, a "volume user" could buy 13 12 pks., and shipping would average out to $1/pk., for a final total price of $3.56/ 12 pk.!

Nice find, wwglen!

If anyone buys multiple 12 pks., pls. post how it comes out.

Heck I am game. I used my Visa so if they send me 13 batteries I will simply try to get a resolution from them and if they refuse I will use Visa buyer protection. My e-mail invoice clearly states 13 12 packs of SL 123A batteries to be shipped by Nov 11. I will let you know what happens as soon as I know. If it works out it will be the deal of the year!

Drew

moonkat

Newly Enlightened
I decided to let vendor decide if $2.56 was typo or not.
Ordered 10 - 12pks on 7 Nov and order was accepted with 14 to 18 Nov delivery date.
We shall see ...
If this comes in, I'll be up for TL-3s as my first torch !!!

It all started with a few River Rocks: 5-2AAAs, 1-2AA, 3-4AA Lamps, 5-2AAA Head lamps; then a Fenix L1P group buy (4, tnx 4sevens); Thor 1 & 1.5 Mcp spotlights; 4-4AA SL Luxs from Fox (my best and only 5 star rated lights) ... when will it end !!! :huh: :huh: :huh: :broke:

electronics4life

Newly Enlightened
It appears that Amazon is the one that made the mistake with the product listing. If you go to ToolTopia.com, the merchant Amazon is using, it does not list the batteries as a 12 pack. ToolTopia.com's price is $2.59 a piece.

Good luck.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered 14 packs to get the lower shipping rate. I plan on sharing the bounty with other CPF members. The biggest concerns I have are whether the batteries are counterfeit or defective.

moonkat

Newly Enlightened
Checked my Amazon order this morning and important message notified me that my order has been refunded.

Guess Amazon is not willing to subsidize purchase :awman:

It all started with a few River Rocks: 5-2AAAs, 1-2AA, 3-4AA Lamps, 5-2AAA Head lamps; then a Fenix L1P group buy (4, tnx 4sevens); Thor 1 & 1.5 Mcp spotlights; 4-4AA SL Luxs from Fox (my best and only 5 star rated lights) ... when will it end !!!

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast

wwglen

Enlightened
And they tell you how much the regular price is and how much you save.

If they know about the problem and still keep it at that price on the web site I am sure they can be held to it.

wwglen

moonkat

Newly Enlightened
I'm PO'd at not getting product as advertised, but am more concerned that this is a sophisticated phishing scam. I have never had my account charged before product ships and certainly not with "merchandise permanently out of stock". My emails to Tooltopia and Amazon.com:

"Gentlemen,
I am very dissapointed in your cancelation of my order and suspect that this has been a scam to generate sales and possibly worse in that you charged my credit card for the order knowing full well you had no stock.

I am a member of a large and sophisticated flashlight forum, CandlePowerForums.com, and none of the members have received satisfaction despite your ad having been listed for a considerable time and continues to be listed today.

I am writing first to you then to Amazon.com and possibly your state's Attorney Generals Office if I do not receive satisfactory response. At this time the transaction appears to be a phishing scam."

Sincerely,
Jeff Munekata

-------------- Original message --------------

> Carol,
>
> We are sorry to inform you that we could not ship your below listed item(s)
> placed at Amazon.com because we are permanently out of stock.
>
> Amazon Order #: 058-9452000-XXXXXXXXX
>
> 10 of Strmlght 3v Lithium Battery
>
> We have initiated a refund for this item through Amazon.com. The refund should
> be credited to your account within 2-3 business days. You can expect a separate
> notification about this from Amazon.com.
>
> QUESTIONS? If you have questions about this order, including the status of your
> refund, you can either visit http://www.amazon.com/wheres-my-stuff or reply to
> this e-mail to get in touch directly with ToolTopia.
>
> Thank you for shopping with ToolTopia at Amazon.com.
> The ToolTopia.com Service Team

Last edited:

Drew

Newly Enlightened
Yeah they canceled my order. I would rather them cancel than have sent 13 batteries that I would have to go to the trouble to ship back.

Drew