Slang terms - an idle thought

Luxman

Enlightened
When I first turn on a new home made whatever I say "Time for the Smoketest".. :)

Bulb shatters..."Looks Defective too me"...
Don't forget FUBAR!

Last edited:

JanCPF

Enlightened
The bulb "crapped out on me" or "flash bulbed".

Sorry - english is not my native language, so the above may not work. :)

If non slang is ok, then: The battery is "depleted", "discharged" or just plain "out of commision".

Jan

Last edited:

JackBlades

Enlightened
Ok, as an explanation for my long-awaited return, I was wondering what LitFuse could do with my old ARC LSH-P that he modded years ago.....LUXIII, UCL, trimmed down McG reflector, 611ma.

The little sucker still kicks, but is there room for a CREE or something better these days?

[email protected]

fyrstormer

Banned
Please explain. I haven't kept up with the trends in flashlights for a few years......
Arc is gone, essentially. The only thing they make now is the Arc AAA, which is a shadow of its former self. That being said, it should be feasible to refit the Arc LS with a GDuP three-mode driver and a nice Cree XP-G or XM-L (the latter being much larger and floodier).

If you want something newer, consider a nice Jetbeam TC-R1. Those are new, made of titanium, have an infinitely-variable brightness control that goes from barely-visible-in-pitch-darkness up to ~500 lumens. There's a thread discussing them right now. They cost about $160-180.

davyro

Enlightened
Everyone has mentioned what get used here in the UK i think what i will say though is flashaholics get called Jamies over here

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone has mentioned what get used here in the UK i think what i will say though is flashaholics get called Jamies over here

You can't half tell a story... where is the connection to an individual called Jamie? better to be called that than Chav' I suppose :sick2:

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Batteries: expired, Dead as a doornail, Deader than Elvis (got that one from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory)