Slang terms - an idle thought

davyro

Enlightened
are you saying flashaholics have a recognized name/identity in general culture?

Yes i suppose i am i don't know if you've ever heard the story of Jamie & his magic torch well thats where the name comes from.Ill give you 3 guesses what the story is about haha.Anyways now you know why we are known as Jamies i suppose it meens everyone here is a Jamie as well.I hope this is the start of a worldwide trend hahaha

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes i suppose i am i don't know if you've ever heard the story of Jamie & his magic torch well thats where the name comes from.Ill give you 3 guesses what the story is about haha.Anyways now you know why we are known as Jamies i suppose it meens everyone here is a Jamie as well.I hope this is the start of a worldwide trend hahaha

Never heard that story, but I bet you just started something that will go worldwide... you're lucky, not often one gets to know "the" moment when it started...

[edit] Just checked out the entry in Wikiedia... I did see some of those episodes about 30 years ago. Not sure I want to be labelled as someone who's carrying 2-3 portals into ****oo land, but at least it was a cute show.

Last edited:

davyro

Enlightened
Never heard that story, but I bet you just started something that will go worldwide... you're lucky, not often one gets to know "the" moment when it started...

[edit] Just checked out the entry in Wikiedia... I did see some of those episodes about 30 years ago. Not sure I want to be labelled as someone who's carrying 2-3 portals into ****oo land, but at least it was a cute show.

I'm glad you did check it Cataract at least you now know it wasn't a figment of my imagination,so how does it feel to be a Jamie? you'll have to let me know.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you did check it Cataract at least you now know it wasn't a figment of my imagination,so how does it feel to be a Jamie? you'll have to let me know.

Jamie sounds better than anything ending in -aholic, but the understated meanings are totally different. One understates a collector, while the other understates a kid going to party across a portal into ****oo land after bedtime. Although it sounds really cool when you're a kid, it definitely takes away the seriousness of modern flashlights to be called that. I don't think I'll be pushing for people to call me a Jamie... I had enough nicknames in high school for which I still wonder if I should seek profesionnal help...

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Did I miss it? Or did nobody come up with (IMHO) the best, most descriptive one for when you put more voltage to an Incandescent light than you should...

:poof: :poof: :poof: :poof: :poof:

POOF'ed !

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I like the term "Munsoned" My batteries got to much juice and know they are Munsoned. Ha ha ha!!!
d06705a5-3d97-e7ee.jpg