Small Batch of Tri-EDC's

fyrstormer

Banned
While it would be expensive, iridium vapor-deposition would make an excellent non-skid surface without making the light appear textured to the naked eye. Just a thought.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it would be expensive, iridium vapor-deposition would make an excellent non-skid surface without making the light appear textured to the naked eye. Just a thought.

I'm not planning on skidding with one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But then again, I'm all about (expensive) coatings & BRIGHT lights.

The Coach

Enlightened
I got my matte black one today and even with my post cataract surgery fuzzy vision I can see that this light is a typical Mac made beauty. The finish looks perfect. Haven't lit it yet, I forgot to charge the battery, but I am looking forward to the night. :devil:

The Coach

Enlightened
First impression is WOW!!!! Very bright, especially for it's size. Fit and finish is outstanding. That will have to do for today. I gave up some close vision to gain distance, so now I need to been fitted for reading glasses, but I think you will be pleased when you get yours. :devil:

ledcarry

Enlightened
I received the new Tri-EDC in black textured finish today. I agree with the coach. Wow! This is one blistering bright light. Especially with it being an even smaller size compared to the SST 50 size lights. Comparing it to my other Mac SST 50 6500K lights, this triple light beam is much more concentrated and with no hot spot. Just like other triples on the market, only a huge wall of cool light. I am not the person to make the correct technical measurements of what this light is capable of yet, but I am sure going to try over the next few days. The craftsmanship is beautiful and the Cerakote textured finish is outstanding. What I can tell you is this light will make you smile like no other. Awesome work Mac! :thumbsup:

JM

MacSST503VersionsTailUpISS.jpg

andyfrasier

Enlightened
The stupid thing is I have the money at the moment! And I'm on CPF most days, but I still missed this!!!

Please add me to the list of hopefull tri-edc owners please mate.

Andy

easilyled

Flashaholic
Can any of these lucky owners who also possess a 2.8A SST-50 EDC please do a ceiling bounce comparison test and post their conclusions?

The Coach

Enlightened
The Tri is MUCH brighter. My 2.8 is the warm model. One thing I've noticed, when I shine the light in my hand, the rebound hurts my eyes. That is bright. :thumbsup:

scout24

Flashaholic
:) :eek: It's here! Comparison below with my warm EDC. Warm Tri is a bunch warmer in tint, almost like my High-cri Ra Clicky. Shorter, and if this powdercoat isn't perfect, I'd like Mac to show me where... First beamshot on low, 18" from an off-white wall. Different drivers, obviously, and a lower low on the Tri. Second on high, same distance, P&S camera all on auto everything. Takes the hotspot and just makes it BIGGER, with the same intensity...:devil: I can't wait for dark to go outside and play. Please keep in mind, these are both warm tint examples... :twothumbs First pic. was 1.6 sec exposure, second was 1/640 of a second...

P1010317.jpg

P1010319.jpg

P1010320.jpg

P1010322.jpg

Last edited:

JMP

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots. Can't wait to receive mine!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks for the emphatic clarification "The Coach" and for the excellent beamshots "scout24". :twothumbs

Well that's certainly confirmed what I already suspected. I'll just have to snag one of these if the opportunity and the timing present themselves favorably. :drool: