Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but hoping for li ion support

well, the latest specs,
Battery: 1x AAA battery / 1x10440 li-ion (notincluded)
but it still has:

so still a bit confused. Especially as there is an extension body available:

Extension body [Plus $3.00]

recDNA

Flashaholic
Somebody ordered one and said he would check back when it comes in.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
but it still has:

Bah, sorry, that should have said :
Voltage : 0.8-1.6V (can't use 3.7V Li-ion battery )

In any case, that line in the specs has now been removed and the CNQ1999 has 10440 listed officially in the title now. Not confirmed but I think it can be safely said to support Li-ion.

jbrett14

Enlightened
That LD02 looks nice and could very well be the ticket. However, if it starts out in LOW, I will keep looking. My preference is for a light that turns on in HIGH (the mode I will need 99% of the time).

anomalyconcept

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I finally received my package from cnqualitygoods containing the CQG S1 (cool white) and the DQG Mini AAA '1999' stainless steel (neutral white). Shipping was via Sing(apore)Post registered mail which took 20+ days- seems like the package took a boat ride across the Pacific. I had to go to the post office to sign for the delivery as it was registered mail.

My goal for these lights is to find a smaller replacement to a Quark Tactical AA which is carried next to a thin wallet in the front pocket. I opted to try the S1 first due to the smaller diameter and the lack of knurling since the Quark has chewed up the wallet a bit. The Mini AAA's knurling looks and feels similar to the Quark's and I'd expect it to perform about the same.

Some initial impressions:
The S1 is sleek- it's very minimalistic and looks like a small stainless steel rod. It's also fairly slippery and I've dropped it and dented/scratched it slightly already. The edges on the tail are a little bit sharp due to the design while the Mini AAA has softer/rounder edges. Both of the stainless steel lights feel as heavy as the aluminum Quark.

Both have metal tailcaps/button which extend ever so slightly beyond the end of the light which gives a slight wobble when tail standing. However, it makes the switch easier to press since the diameter of the lights are only slightly wider than a AAA. There doesn't appear to be an O-ring between the metal button and the body which allows the button to wiggle a bit from side to side. The Mini AAA's button has more of a travel before the switch is engaged (likely due to being a reverse clicky) and has less resistance than either the S1 or QTA.

Both lights came with dry threads which I suspect is because of the electrical path. Using conductive lubrication will probably be necessary (I only have non-conductive lube, will see if it still works).

The Mini AAA's neutral white LED is slightly pink which gives it an overall brownish tint. In comparison, the Quark's NW XML looks yellowish and the CW CQG S1 looks blue (as expected). I can compare them to a Nichia 219b if there is interest.

The S1 has a forward clicky which makes it easier choosing between High-Medium-Strobe. The Mini AAA has a reverse clicky, which I don't like as much, cycling through High-Medium-Low. My baseline for comparison is the QTA's interface with low and turbo. I very much like the decoupling of the mode selection (based on the head being tight/loose) and the activation (forward clicky for momentary on). UIs are subjective and each has its benefits.

Overall, I am satisfied with the lights. The S1 is a nice thin light which will likely replace the QTA for pocket duty, especially in dressier situations. The Mini AAA will soon get a chance in this role, but the reverse clicky will take a little bit getting used to.

I am not qualified to comment on keychain carry since I keep my keys as light (no pun intended) as possible. The stainless steel definitely adds weight but would survive longer against keys. If the CQG S1 is small enough for keychain carry (see first page for pictures), then the DQG Mini AAA will be just as suitable with a slightly larger diameter but a shorter length.

markr6

Flashaholic
That LD02 looks nice and could very well be the ticket. However, if it starts out in LOW, I will keep looking. My preference is for a light that turns on in HIGH (the mode I will need 99% of the time).

Looks like a great light, we need more AAA clickies! But that 8lm low is a deal breaker for me. I use my L10 3-mode often and find the 3lm too high.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Anybody care to review one of the clickies you sent to China for? Anybody discover a new one? It's a shame it is impossible to add a keyring to an Eiger with the momentary button installed

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the new DQG AAA tail-clicky available from CNQG. It's a 1xAAA/10440 stainless steel light with an XPG2.

Dimensions:
64.5mm x 12.5mm x 12mm

Weight:
15g

Output:
2 modes:
High: 60 lumens
Low: 3 lumens

On 10440, high is 210 lumens, but will ramp back to 60 lumens after 10 seconds.

N_N_R

Enlightened
Strange that not much was said about the Lumintop Tool AAA here. There aren't that many reviews online either. I got mine not long ago and I received the new version - it has three modes as opposed to the previously mentioned two-mode version.

The box doesn't state the lumens, though. I was linked to a review on another forum where someone had measured the lumens - mid around 28, low around 5 and high around 96.

I'm absolutely in love with it because it reminds me my fave Fenix lights in construction. It may not be the smallest AAA clicky because the clicky rubber boot protrudes as opposed to being recessed in the switch, but it's worth it, I think. Especially when I compare the prices of the Lumintop Tool and the new Fenix LD02.

Also, as I posted in another thread not long ago, I can swap the heads and use the head of my Preon P2 with the body of the Lumintop Tool :thumbsup: This I get a seven-mode 1 x AAA clicky.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bumping this. Anybody purchased this light and could comment about it?

I just got the DQG Mini AAA Clicky XPG2 Stainless Steel from Banggood $19.
The tint is pure white and cool. I won the tint lottery on this one.
The beam is floody with a big hotspot.
It is so nice Ima collect them all.
There is the 70mm Mini 3-mode tail-clicky and the 57mm Tiny 2-mode twisty.
There is the 10440 version and non-10440 version.
There is stainless steel and titanium.
There are also knockoffs.
I chose mine based on looks and clicky.
Use a coupon code and buy tracking.

15269853027_0897824c14.jpg

Last edited: