Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

bltkmt

Enlightened
Bumping this. Anybody purchased this light and could comment about it?

I like mine and use it often. Very small, nice beam and color, and CLICKY! I use it to take dogs out - easy to put in mouth if I need to pick something up.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Strange that not much was said about the Lumintop Tool AAA here. There aren't that many reviews online either. I got mine not long ago and I received the new version - it has three modes as opposed to the previously mentioned two-mode version.
Thanks for this info. Two questions, is it a forward-clicky or reverse-clicky, and what is the mode order of the three-mode? (The two-mode sounded like a winner to me with the low coming on first.) Thanks,

N_N_R

Enlightened
Thanks for this info. Two questions, is it a forward-clicky or reverse-clicky, and what is the mode order of the three-mode? (The two-mode sounded like a winner to me with the low coming on first.) Thanks,

- reverse clicky

- med > low > high

:)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
any new lights for this category?

i just ordered the DQG aaa clicky and lumintop tool (3mode i hope) few days ago and will be waiting them to arrive in few weeks. in mean time i just wonder if there are others that has come out. i kinda expect lumintop to replace the old itp eos a3 from my work keys. (and if i understood correctly, lumintop will thread to preon head.. and then it should also thread into a3 head too. i have been using one of my extra preon2 bodies with a3 head)

what i would want/like: about 3-4 modes (starts from lowest), neutral tint, pocket clip, more for close up user light so flood beam. (as bonus.. foward clicky/momentary would be nice too. i could live with 2 mode then if it works like quark tactical did.. loose head one mode tight head another mode. as momentary works best with single stage lights. multimodes with foward clicky are a bit cumbersome.. but i kinda still want one. hhah.)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the "dqg slim aaa" clicky with extender today. Fantastic little light. I have bought all the versions of the aaa dqg, and so far this is the best. Nice looking, better knurling than the older versions. As always the first thing i did was taking it into the shower hosing it down. No leaks as a single aaa. leaked with the extender in 2xaaa mode. There was no O-ring on the extender so obviously it leaked, but no damage done. Got plenty of o-rings with the light so im going to put one on the extender. Also dropped it on the floor 15-20 times, no problems. I always drop and check if my lights are waterproof when they arrive. Dont want any suprises.
Got the NW version and the tint is awsome. Got no complaints on this little bugger. No pwm. Have not tested with a 10440, the + button is too big on my 10440's so i need to add a magnet, but cant find it. Im guessing it got pwm with a 10440, the older versions have pwm with a 10440. Took some pics, point and shoot, not great pics but shows the size vs other aaa clickys.

Showing the clicky. The dqg got a reverse clicky.
IMG_7560_zpsjcx3eswu.jpg

As a 2xaaa.
IMG_7561_zpskjotzdxn.jpg

As a single aaa. from the left. Lumapower lm21 (crap), liteflux lf2xt (good), univex aaa (good), cqg (crap), dqg (good), tain p0. The tain is a twisty, but the smallest aaa out there. Added for size comparing.
IMG_7550_zpsxhfmphkh.jpg

bltkmt

Enlightened
Not sure why you say the smooth CQG is crap? I like the beam color on my NW version and the stainless machining is great.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It had a ratteling lense, and no o-rings. No doubt it was not waterproof, did not even test it. The led and driver is press fitted, so cant fix it. AND it broke after the first drop to the floor. So when it broke, i found out i could use some force and heat to press the driver out. When i finally got the led and driver out, I found out the "pill" was baisicly made of tin foil and the reflector plastic. It's the crappiest design i have seen in a flashlight, and i have cracked open a lot. So now i keep the tube just in case i find some better parts for it. Just because i think the tube looks good :)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my DQG slim AAA. It has to be the smallest clicky AAA light in the market. Compared to my other NW lights, tint is a mixture of yellow and green. But that is not a problem in actual use. Efficiency is below average compared to my other AAA lights. But it's still my most used light, averaging about 2hrs of use everyday.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Love my DQG slim AAA. It has to be the smallest clicky AAA light in the market. Compared to my other NW lights, tint is a mixture of yellow and green. But that is not a problem in actual use. Efficiency is below average compared to my other AAA lights. But it's still my most used light, averaging about 2hrs of use everyday.

Still no USA dealer?

Latest posts