So what is the verdict: Do people like the Zebra H600?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is a h600w that was a replacement for a mistakenly shipped h600..both have the same problem. it was ok at first but just started with the erratic behavior the other day, again. btw, a have sc600, designed the same, same problem, and although zebra admits it, they won't replace it because 'it was designed that way'... in other words they say it isn't broken. double phooey.

I still think that either your batteries are faulty, or the light is faulty. Even on zebralight's website the H600w is advertised as having the step down feature. Here's what the site says...

"Features
  • Automatic stepping down from High to Medium, and from Medium to Low when the battery capacity is low"
Regarding your SC600, the first ones were designed that way, and I've read that zebralight won't replace those...which I thinks sux for those that paid good money for the early ones. I guess to their defense the light was designed that way, and there was no promise of the light being able to step down. After some complaints though, they redesigned the light to step down, so the second generation SC600 all should step down...mine does.

By the way, I'm not trying to be a fanboy here. If I'd received two lights in a row that failed, I'd prolly lose all faith in the brand too, especially if it were the first two I'd ever bought from em. I still think though that the odds are your batteries are at fault here. Hope you get it worked out.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still think that either your batteries are faulty, or the light is faulty. Even on zebralight's website the H600w is advertised as having the step down feature. Here's what the site says...

"Features
  • Automatic stepping down from High to Medium, and from Medium to Low when the battery capacity is low"
Regarding your SC600, the first ones were designed that way, and I've read that zebralight won't replace those...which I thinks sux for those that paid good money for the early ones. I guess to their defense the light was designed that way, and there was no promise of the light being able to step down. After some complaints though, they redesigned the light to step down, so the second generation SC600 all should step down...mine does.

By the way, I'm not trying to be a fanboy here. If I'd received two lights in a row that failed, I'd prolly lose all faith in the brand too, especially if it were the first two I'd ever bought from em. I still think though that the odds are your batteries are at fault here. Hope you get it worked out.

agreed.

I have 2 ZL 600 running on eagtac protected 3100 18650 and both of them run long times, no issues whatsoever.
these light beat expectations and beat the specs and runtimes printed up for them.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is a h600w that was a replacement for a mistakenly shipped h600..both have the same problem. it was ok at first but just started with the erratic behavior the other day, again. btw, a have sc600, designed the same, same problem, and although zebra admits it, they won't replace it because 'it was designed that way'... in other words they say it isn't broken. double phooey.

Are we seeing the same???

Your problem is the batteries... Three lights the same issue...

Edit; BTW, I just check mine with a old 2400mah panasonic cgr18650d and the light make the step down in 3 min, in a very soft way.

SFMI4UT

Last edited:

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
I don't get it. The NiteIze headband I found is for front lens light. It will work with the H600?

Here is a pic of the NiteIze I took with my H51w (same format) and a head shaped pot...
zlh51w_nitize.jpg

Are we seeing the same???

Your problem is the batteries... Three lights the same issue...

Edit; BTW, I just check mine with a old 2400mah panasonic cgr18650d and the light make the step down in 3 min, in a very soft way.

SFMI4UT
Yeah, sounds like the batteries are cutting out. Are they protected cells?

Last edited:

iron potato

Enlightened
OMG OMG, I got my H600 last Sat, it has a nice kinda gradual beam (flood), since I have got one Fenix AD401 diffuser around, I mounted onto it (only with double sided tape tho) now I can have diffused beam for readings, closeup etc, swing away the diffuser for around house usage, overall is good, I like the two medium beam, not as bouncy as Spark ST6, its a keeper for sure :thumbsup:

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Indeed but I've noticed that my H600 get quite...hmmm very hot on HIGH after just a few minutes...
Any other users have experienced the same overheating ?

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
any risk to damage the LED if used too much on the high setting ? I hope not otherwise it would be really a shame...

Lampas

Newly Enlightened
I've never read about a thermal sensor, i don't think there is one integrated. But the turbo supposedly cuts back after 3 minutes, within these it can get really hot.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my H600w a lot. A lot a lot.

No problem with the step-down.

I run it on strobe for hours on long bike rides--during the day the strobe on the front of the bike is an attention-getter, but not too blinding (as it would be at night). Point is: it runs for hours and hours and hours--better than my legs do.

I also use it as a headlight, and very much like the beam profile. Love the XML in warm.

The reflector in the H600 is almost exactly the same dimensions as the reflector on the SC52, but I think the H600 is more textured, the SC52 more smooth. That means the H600 is more diffuse, the SC52 more throwy. Which, in fact, I think is a good call for headlamp vs. hand-held straight torch.

All of which makes me think: the H600 is a pretty good forecast of the H52 (if there ever is one), given its emitter, reflector, and beam profile. The only difference is the battery. It would be nice to be able to run AAs and 14500s, but then again it is also very nice to have the run-times and turbo outputs of the 18650.

Feeling bad because there's no H52 out yet, or even predicted? Don't feel bad. Get an H600.

Lampas

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, H600, H600w etc. are all out of stock at Zebralight and right now, they haven't even set a production date for the next batch.
Im wondering, if they come up with a successor anytime soon..

cyclesock

Newly Enlightened
I run it on strobe for hours on long bike rides--during the day the strobe on the front of the bike is an attention-getter, but not too blinding (as it would be at night). Point is: it runs for hours and hours and hours--better than my legs do.

I also use it as a headlight, and very much like the beam profile. Love the XML in warm.

Do you think the H600 is enough to use as a handlebar bike light on its own? Is the throw good enough for speeds around 30 km/h?

I want to get the H600 for jogging, but I also want to use it on my handlebars as my only light.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's always Scotch Magic Tape! That the approach I used on my H51.

Interesting idea.
But let a question, when you remove as thoroughly clean the lens from adhesive residue?
Translated with google translator

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think the H600 is enough to use as a handlebar bike light on its own? Is the throw good enough for speeds around 30 km/h?

I want to get the H600 for jogging, but I also want to use it on my handlebars as my only light.

I have never used H600 bike but I think you can easily do.
I H600 from about 9 months and since then my other lights are unused.
When will it be released H600 MKII and I'll be forced to buy :)
Translated with google translator

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes it is plenty bright for handlebar duty, on road or off-road, before during and after the turbo 3 minutes

but since it is so dang light and doesn't flop around, I just strapped a rubber holder to my helmet and stick the 600 in it,

pop in a freshie 18650 and ride. repeat next day....for 1.5 years now works great