SOLARLIGHTS LI-ION 14500 3.2V BATTERIES question

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Hi Every one,

got some quality SOLAR powered LED garden lights which runs on a 3.2v LI-ION 14500 batteries. My question is can I charge these 3.2v batteries with my usual XSTAR VP1 OR I4PRO jetbeam charger, both rated as charging to 4.2v!
When I put my fairly flat 3.2c in the XSTART VP1, with minutes they are showing a charging voltage 3.4v, I am likely to damage the batteries if rated at 3.2v, as I do not know what their max charging voltage are?
Thanks

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiFePO4 is charged to 3.6V, NOT 4.2V. In order to charge these cells, you need a charger that can charge the cells to 3.6V. Look for a charger that has a LiFePO4 setting.

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
LiFePO4 is charged to 3.6V, NOT 4.2V. In order to charge these cells, you need a charger that can charge the cells to 3.6V. Look for a charger that has a LiFePO4 setting.
Great thanks, I know someone would have the answer!
Had a quick look on the Net, the Soshine H2V2 seems to be one of the only know brand low cost option, I have read the review on CPF, has anyone else got more to say on the H2V2, and is there another better but with a similar price tag, as this is would only be a occasional top up charger, as they are charged via their internal solar panel charger which appear to do a good job!

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xtar have several chargers with a voltage setting for LiFePO4 cells: SP1 - VP2 - WP2h.
Dunno about street prices, you'd have to look those up.

Myself I use an Enedepots A8, which was fairly cheap (bought from FastTech, iirc). It has a problem with electrical safety though, :caution: making it unwise to use on 110V or even 230V AC. But no problem with a 12V external adapter (not included), and actually a fairly good & versatile Li-ion charger (and not so good NiMH charger :( ).

Quality-wise, I think I'd go for one of the Xtar chargers.