(SOLD OUT) Dark Sucks Run #1 (1x18650, MCE, 2.8A, McClicky, 500 lumens)

KVoimakas

Newly Enlightened
Re: Dark Sucks Production Run #1 Available Now (1x18650, MCE, 2.8A, McClicky, 500 lum

I'd like to post a feeler for this box but don't know what section of the forum is appropriate. Can anyone help me out?

flambeau.jpg

Link broken...

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Re: Dark Sucks Production Run #1 Available Now (1x18650, MCE, 2.8A, McClicky, 500 lum

Is there a high CRI version?

archer6817j

Enlightened

Is there a high CRI version?

Yep, XPG High CRI (93+)

There are images on the first page of this thread. It actually works great in the boom reflector too...even though it looks a little small. Very decent hotspot.

Dinan

Newly Enlightened

Ah sorry should've seen that (was browsing on a phone and I must've scrolled past it).

Anyway, it seems like it's a pretty big trade off in terms of brightness to go for the high CRI version. Would there be other LED's that lie in the middle between high CRI and the normal LED like a warmer tint LED? Also would it take long to build the light with a special request for one of these warmer or high CRI LEDs?

Thanks
Yep, XPG High CRI (93+)

There are images on the first page of this thread. It actually works great in the boom reflector too...even though it looks a little small. Very decent hotspot.

archer6817j

Enlightened

No more time at all since I don't build the light till you order it :) However, I only have 1 light left for this production run and I'm so disorganized I have the next run in process but not finished yet. The finish on the remaining light is the polished/tumbled version.

I have 4000K (neutral) MCEs and 5000K (neutral) XMLs in stock if you want a warmer tint. Personally, I far prefer the MCE over the XML. For the 4000K MCE we are looking at about 380 OTF lumens. Even at 160 OTF for the XPG High CRI...it's no slouch for a "general use" flashlight. I'd still recommend the MCE though unless you just "gotta" have a high CRI.

Dinan

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the info, sent you a PM =)

KVoimakas

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to post a feeler for this box but don't know what section of the forum is appropriate. Can anyone help me out?

flambeau.jpg

You can put one of those boxes in my mail box... ;-)

Dinan

Newly Enlightened

Hey Jason I tried to PM you but it seems your inbox is full. Anyway I tried to purchase using paypal from your site but it's not letting me do it so I was wondering if there were a way to just send you a payment directly?

archer6817j

Enlightened

Box cleared, PM replied and SOLD OUT!!!!

Congrats on getting the last one. Of course I'm a little behind on the next run so it will probably be two weeks before I'm ready to go with the next sales thread.

However, feel free to contact me if you have any special requests like letter stamping or specific finishes. I'm doing one custom with a knurled body for someone if anyone is interested in that.

Now is the time though cause once they are finished and plated...no more special stuff till the next run :)

egrep

Enlightened

Anyone interested in the box I posted?

I would like one, please. When are you gonna be in your shop? I stopped by (unannounced) today and you weren't in. :)

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened

any upgrades in the future for current owners who want a trit in there lights

One of the next things in the queue is a metal tailcap button with a tritium insert. That sounded easier when I thought it up than when I actually tried to make it work :) Basically I need a return spring to help the McClicky return the cap to the starting position. The o-ring required to keep the seal adds more resistance than I would like and the spring is needed. So far I can't find any "stock" springs that will work.

Also, if I want to start a feeler for the box I posted...what part of the forum should that be in? If not this forum...Marketplace maybe?

Dinan

Newly Enlightened

Been a bit busy but I just wanted to let you know I received the light (serial number #20 lol, that's a nice touch!). It's beautiful. A bit bigger in hand than I had anticipated but I quickly got used to it. The warm MCE is just perfect for me and the beam pattern is great and most importantly USEFUL.

Thanks again =)

Box cleared, PM replied and SOLD OUT!!!!

Congrats on getting the last one. Of course I'm a little behind on the next run so it will probably be two weeks before I'm ready to go with the next sales thread.

However, feel free to contact me if you have any special requests like letter stamping or specific finishes. I'm doing one custom with a knurled body for someone if anyone is interested in that.

Now is the time though cause once they are finished and plated...no more special stuff till the next run :)