• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

_JWK9688-L.jpg

_JWK9759-L.jpg

That's an impossible act to follow Cary. :clap:

They are all beautiful, but I particularly like the look of the alternating purple and white scheme.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's an impossible act to follow Cary. :clap:

They are all beautiful, but I particularly like the look of the alternating purple and white scheme.

+1 Congrats Cary!

Is not ice blue and white?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope I can find a clip the will match the lanyard holes so I can EDC this light. If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

The holes are pretty big. I believe even a 34mm Ti McGizmo clip will work. I would worry about scratches - the spring on the Ti clip is SS. I know that one man's scratch is another man's patina, but just saying...

I spliced an eye just big enough to slip over the tail from thin 3-strand cotton cord and used a 3-part, 5-bight turkshead to tighten the loop. The loop sits in the groove very nicely and isn't going anywhere. It won't scratch the Ti and doesn't block the trits. You can use other knots that tighten the loop around the body. There is a simple mountaineering knot that tightens, won't loosen and isn't big. I can't remember the name and let me know if you want the name and instructions.

grayhighh

Enlightened

Thanks Franz, Dave, PSM, Daniel, Ramon for the compliment !

I hear ya Daniel, below is a pic for you. Ramon the trit color is purple/white, sometime it is hard to distinct when similar trit color is beside.

_JWK9854-L.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic

What a great pair and an excellent picture! Beautiful Cary, thanks for showing me. :)

I hear ya Daniel, below is a pic for you. Ramon the trit color is purple/white, sometime it is hard to distinct when similar trit color is beside.

_JWK9854-L.jpg

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ramon the trit color is purple/white, sometime it is hard to distinct when similar trit color is beside.
Wow!! I was also certain that it was blue, but I really like the purple/white scheme. :thumbsup: I have a soft spot for purple. ;)

That's an excellent picture too! :)

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Wow!! I was also certain that it was blue, but I really like the purple/white scheme. :thumbsup: I have a soft spot for purple. ;)

Its was easier to distinguish between the purple and the ice-blue in the top picture in post #321 than in the picture below. ;)

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

OMG! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics. It's all too much!!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

OMG! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics. It's all too much!!
This thread has been filled with so many outstanding pictures! I think Tain's works of art inspire all of us to try to showcase his lights as best we can. :)

Tain

Enlightened

Thank you guys all for posting the great comments, and wonderful photos. :thumbsup:

It seems like these are still available. Is that right?

I just sent Paypal for one Flute Ti with Blue Glow and all Red Tritium in the tail.

Payment received and confirmed, thank you.

Anyone experiencing flickering on low? I'm not seeing any at all on high, but there's very consistent flickering on the low setting. I'm using fresh Eneloops.

Thoughts?

PM sent.

mbira

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for Flute Ti with glow and all tritium vials in green.

Thanks.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

Flute received, wow. Pics are nice, but you really can't behold, until you hold! :D

Perfect size, knurl is great. Two levels are perfect Imo. The beam reminds me of a old Lux III McGizmo PD, tint aside. Very nice!!

The orange blue with green in the middle is awesome. I will try to do a trit pic sometime soon.

Thanks Tain!!!

aikiman44

Enlightened

Received mine and it really is a great light.
I have not been buying lights for a while, except for two copper Lenslights, but the Piccolo and Flute have roped me back in.

emu124

Enlightened

Thanks guys for the kind words :grouphug: :D

News flash...Low level radiation detected somewhere in Switzerland :whistle:

With a nuclear power plant in sighting distance I'd like to keep it this low...:sweat:

I didn't want to be left out of the fun. ;) Here's my version of the "Emu shot". :)

And I agree with Daniel - lots of great eye candy pictures!

:aaa:Please no Emu :xyxgun: here :D

Dave, your pics with the black background are fantastic.
Wish I'd have time for more and better "Emu shots" and try different setups, but other projects have priority at the moment.
Hmm, though... I'm pretty sure, I'll find some older pics to post in your new thread :devil:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Thanks to dlmorgan999 for the camera tips!

OK guys take it easy on me, I know these aren't that great, but they ain't bad. I am NO photographer, LOL. :D