• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold Out: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: FS: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

Ok! Shocking that I missed that! I am very very aware of Static Discharge. Just not the acronym. I thought ESD was something I only had to worry about if I experienced it for more than 4 hours! lol.

LOL

ESD=extra stiff dork :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

easilyled

Flashaholic

.....At the tail end, the V2 trit is thinner than the V1 trit. It is also a little longer. They both work.....

I agree that the V2 trit is thinner, but ...

If I'm not mistaken, the tritium vials themselves are actually the same length as they both extend to nearly the end of the sides of the tails and the diameter of the tails are the same for both versions. (They would be inserted into one of the holes in the sides of the tail and pushed through).

However the tritium "window" in the V1 is shorter, as there is is less Titanium cut away, so it gives the illusion of the tritium being shorter. (doesn't reveal the complete length)

Last edited:

Fat Boy

Enlightened

Received my two lights today and as always very happy. I really appreciate the extra accessories Yitsan, thanks!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the poor beam shots. Hope you get the difference between V1 and V2. All pictures taken at 1/100.
image.jpg

V2
image.jpg

V1
image.jpg

Both tints are the same. The same lumens spread over a larger space make the V1 seem whiter.
I'm sorry my picture taking skills aren't better. It is hard taking pictures of light.

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice shots, now which is which?

magellan

Honorary Aussie

No wonder I always pick green. :)

thanks for the color chart. It goes into my flashlight notes on my iPhone notes app.

Actually, if you wanted a bright trit, then unfortunately by selecting blue, you did indeed draw the short straw in terms of perceived brightness because blue and purple are the dimmest tritiums.

Green is by far the brightest.

You can see this in the chart neco shows in post #112

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

The one on the left in the top picture and in the bottom picture is the V1.

Thanks, I don't have either model to compare yet. V2 is on order though, looking forward to it.

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened

Hi Tain,
Please send me one of these very nice lights!!!
Payment sent for one Ottavino Ti V2:
- Glow blue
- Trit Yellow

thank you
tigman_tim

LuckyBladeworks

Newly Enlightened

Mine showed up today. Could not be happier. So, the negative end of the battery goes towards the head? Also, are these numbered in any way, anywhere on the light? Is there only going to be 90 made total? Thank you, guys.

eclipsesharp

Newly Enlightened

Just received the Ottavino v2. Very well made and very light. I love it!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I updated my post with titles and an explanation.

I'm sorry I couldn't take better pictures. Taking pictures of light is hard and I don't have enough experience. Also, I got home from work late and... enough excuses. I rushed and the pictures are not great. I'll try again when I have more time and patience.

All the pictures were taken at 1/100. The tint of the V2 looks warmer. But it is the same emitter and the tints are the same. I guess that spreading the same lumens over a slightly bigger area makes it seem dimmer and warmer. The pictures don't accurately reflect what I saw and perceived. The pictures exaggerate - the V1 does have a tighter hot spot than the V2, but my eyes don't perceive the big difference the pictures show. I like the V2 a lot and it is now in my pocket.

I hope that someone with better skills can take pictures. I'll try again (and again) when I have more time.

I also hope that people who have received their V2 will chime in and confirm that the tint is beautiful white.

Last edited:

Hamaremon

Newly Enlightened

Hi,
Paypal sent for one Ottavino V2 w/ green glow & green trit.

Thanks,
Chris

beau007

Newly Enlightened

I guess that spreading the same lumens over a slightly bigger area makes it seem dimmer and warmer. The pictures don't accurately reflect what I saw and perceived. The pictures exaggerate - the V1 does have a tighter hot spot than the V2, but my eyes don't perceive the big difference the pictures show. I like the V2 a lot and it is now in my pocket.

I really appreciate your pictures. Even if the the pictures exaggerate the differences in tint and beam, it helps me to see that those differences exist.

easilyled

Flashaholic

I updated my post with titles and an explanation.

I'm sorry I couldn't take better pictures. Taking pictures of light is hard and I don't have enough experience. Also, I got home from work late and... enough excuses. I rushed and the pictures are not great. I'll try again when I have more time and patience.

All the pictures were taken at 1/100. The tint of the V2 looks warmer. But it is the same emitter and the tints are the same. I guess that spreading the same lumens over a slightly bigger area makes it seem dimmer and warmer. The pictures don't accurately reflect what I saw and perceived. The pictures exaggerate - the V1 does have a tighter hot spot than the V2, but my eyes don't perceive the big difference the pictures show. I like the V2 a lot and it is now in my pocket.

I hope that someone with better skills can take pictures. I'll try again (and again) when I have more time.

I also hope that people who have received their V2 will chime in and confirm that the tint is beautiful white.

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to show the differences. Its much appreciated.

Maxbelg

Enlightened

Mine arrived today and it's already one of my 2 favorite flashlights! The other is a Ti Ra modded by me with a neutral XP-E2. This Tain is such an imminently pocketable flashlight covering most of my edc needs.

B1F0546F-5350-4908-BFF0-DB9230EBA20F_zpsdwgj4o6f.jpg

Last edited: