Spike Light - V3

ahorton

Enlightened
I'm glad you like it. For those who tried the V2 UI, this is similar, except that the extra modes have been moved further away so you don't accidentally end up in them when you're trying to turn it off.

The silliest thing was holding me up from selling them. The elastic I had planned to use turned out to be poor quality, so I had to hunt for better stuff. Then when I found it I could only buy enough for 7. So now I'm ordering some in. Such a pathetic thing to get in the way, but you can't have a headlight without it!

AsianAnts

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the reply, i cant wait to get my hands on one of these.

So the battery is not safe around rain... unlike v2, it was fairly safe?

ahorton

Enlightened
In the case it'll be much safer than the V2. As a bare cell, not so good. I suggest a sealable plastic bag.

ahorton

Enlightened
There is a small gap between the flood optic and the lens. If you have a filter then it can work.

ahorton

Enlightened
That's not in my current plan. I'm just trying to get them out now.

Further down the track it's possible.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we wait for the elastic how about a sneak preview picture of the anodizing choices

Also I was wondering why you included the cap brim above the aspheric part of the lens. Is it a "bezel" for protection of the protruding portion of the lens?

Yavox

Enlightened
Will the battery pack survive 20m underwater? Did you test everything working under pressure and you can confirm it works or it is just the light itself that was not leaking?

The video looks promising, I consider attaching the light to the front of my helmet and using it for some shallow cave dives - obviously not as my primary light, just a valuable addition to the main part of the equipment.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the battery pack survive 20m underwater? Did you test everything working under pressure and you can confirm it works or it is just the light itself that was not leaking?

The video looks promising, I consider attaching the light to the front of my helmet and using it for some shallow cave dives - obviously not as my primary light, just a valuable addition to the main part of the equipment.
This may sound off topic but it pertains to the lights capabilities
Yavox this may sound dumb but underground is 20m water depth the same pressure as sea level 20m underwater?
I guess your caves could be above sea level to begin with though.

ahorton

Enlightened
The pressure is a little different, but you'd need accurate equipment to detect it.

maddog

Enlightened
bump2.gif

any new info?

ahorton

Enlightened
Headstrap is all fixed.

Now it's just me not getting any time to play with my toys. The bad news is that I'm going to keep on being very busy for the next few weeks, but I'll still work on them any chance I get. Pretty annoying really because I had time to play with them 6 months ago but certain parts were late. Now I have parts but no time.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there going to be an option to install our own LEDs in these? Got some high CRI Nichias from the recent group buy that I want to install...

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
Headstrap is all fixed.

Now it's just me not getting any time to play with my toys. The bad news is that I'm going to keep on being very busy for the next few weeks, but I'll still work on them any chance I get. Pretty annoying really because I had time to play with them 6 months ago but certain parts were late. Now I have parts but no time.
this is like witnessing ur commander writing his last will and testament.