SPY 007 Gunner Grip option

Rudi

Enlightened
Received the GG-007 -- all I can say is WOW! and echo the previoius review in post #16.

Rudi

Enlightened
This is an extraordinary accomplishment, Dave. The perfection of the dimple pattern belies this being your first attempt at something which, not long ago, you were trying to figure out.

Visually the pattern fits the 007's design so perfectly that it prompted me to ask you, some time back, whether you had visualized something of this nature from the get-go (it's in this thread somewhere). I was astonished that it wasn't so because, side by side, the plain 007 looks like the prototype for the GG.

The stone-wash erases the machining marks and gives the light a lovely semi-dull patina of an attractive grey tonality, softening the appearance and killing the 007's 'fresh-out-of-the-machine-shop' look. And what a bargain at only seventy cents per dimple, with a 24-hour stone-wash thrown into the deal!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we wait for the Tri-V2 production, I thought a small update would keep things going.... :).

Just spent some time upgrade the XP-G in my Spy007 SW-GG to a nice neutral XM-L. I think the mod came out very nicely. Had to take about 0.25mm off the back of the reflector in order to keep the focus as tight as possible and still fit the brass ring.

SPY007_SWGG_XML_1.JPG

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a nice mod ShineOn!

The XP-G version of the 007 will not be retired any time soon as it is still a extraordinary emitter. However, having said that, I am almost ready to offer the XM-L version of the 007. It has been in testing for several weeks now.

Cheers
Dave

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dave, the XP-G is a great emitter, but it does hit a point of diminishing returns around 1100mA based on the Cree pdf spec sheets. In the 1000-1500mA range the XM-L is still readily gaining brightness on the flat part of the output curve. So, although being a bit more floody the XM-L provides a lot of output at the high-end with less heat as well.

Can't wait to see your XM-L offerings! (and any Tri-V2 updates you may have ;) )

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
PSM, are you going for the XM-L or XP-G version of the SPY?
I am on the fence as to which one to get.
However, mine will be neutral, that part I do have figured out.