SPY 007 Sales thread #1 is now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data,

How many 007 will be available on the second run since the first run sold out in just over a minute? :thinking:

I am afraid that some of us who are waiting may very well miss the small window of the opportunity for the second time. :mecry:

Thanks,

Tanasit

I do not know yet . . . I would say that the next batch will be bigger. We have ramped up production but these two machine shops are running my programs and right now it is taking mucho time to get them started. I will know more in two weeks.

Cheers
Dave

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know yet . . . I would say that the next batch will be bigger. We have ramped up production but these two machine shops are running my programs and right now it is taking mucho time to get them started. I will know more in two weeks.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave, I will make sure I clear my schedule then.:D:popcorn:

Tanasit

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried searching, and please excuse my ignorance:sigh:, but what bin and tint are these Spy007's using:confused:? From the pics I have seen so far it seems to use a USW0H seoul emitter.:thinking: I could be wrong and maybe it's a USX0H seoul?

Last edited:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried searching, and please excuse my ignorance:sigh:, but what bin and tint are these Spy007's using:confused:? From the pics I have seen so far it seems to use a USW0H seoul emitter.:thinking: I could be wrong and maybe it's a USX0H seoul?
With the search function disabled it's a real pain to find any relevant piece of information in the forum.
I don't remember where it was stated but I believe this information is somewhere in the Cool Fall forum section.

I can only comment on my emitter, it is really very white, just a tad cold in comparison to my UX0K Ti-PD which looks a bit yellow if powered up at the same time. Once the light is powered up for more than a few seconds, anything like USX0H USW0H will look perfectly white anyway. Our eyes have a very strong auto white balance capability. Unless you find a tint that you absolutely hate, in that case you will focus on it instead.

ibcj

Enlightened
It's in post #116 of the machining status thread. (I only remember because I asked too. :))

All the lights in this batch have the very bright white Seoul P4 emitter of bin USW0H. The reflector is Don's McR-18 that I modify to fit the Seoul emitter with centering alignment to +-0.002". The pattern has a nice mix of spill and a very perfect hot spot in the middle.

The STFu calibration sets power level 6 at 1000mA. It can be adjusted from that point as well, if you think that is too high or too low.

Dave

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cheers
Dave

Two weeks now, any update??

Thanks,

Tanasit

Edwood

Enlightened
It's been a few weeks, and I've been wondering when the "new toy syndrome" would fade away.

Well, apparently it hasn't. :thumbsup:

I still love my SPY 007. It's quite possibly the most perfect flashlight I've ever owned. Only a few improvements I would love to see happen in the next version (SPY 009?), but that's just the OCD Industrial Designer in me talking. ;)

Thanks so much for creating such an incredible product, Dave.

-Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.