SPY Tri-V Sales thread #3 is now Closed

gtwace

Enlightened
All Dave has to do is convert the instructions over to a microfiche, invert the text, and glue it to the Asphere LED dome. Then we could just shine the instructions on the wall!

I have been thinking along that line, but mine would be a Batman logo so that I can call for the bat whenever I need him. :laughing:

derangboy

Enlightened
I think I like the dimple in the battery cap button idea. I currently have three solutions for opening the cap. One is a wooden golf tee, the other is a piece of Delrin rod, pointy at one end and flat on the other (I originally made it for cleaning in tight spaces). Third, I clipped off most of the little square plastic loop on the lanyard. the remaining nub works quite well for opening the battery cap. With that in mind, I recall having camera lanyards that had a similar nub for enabling the rewind on film cameras. I'm idly searching for a source of them.

And about the how to get the batteries in :crackup:

How do I open the battery compartment?
This is the Spy initiation, if you can't work it out the Spy must be returned to Data for distribution via CPF raffle!

Is the Spy a good choice for EDC?
How big are your pockets?
bigspy007uu1.jpg

Pic courtesy of Jch79!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, not shipping email received today.
Maybe I should have just PP the funds rather than trying to save some PP Fees on the cheque mailing. I thought a simple envelope wouldn't take a week to get to PA:shakehead

If it leaves PA friday, it "might" be in the office next friday and I can scoop it on my way back home.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D That is the look I am going to be trying hard to wipe off my face for a while, I am sure. I had the distinct pleasure of picking #0443 up in person at Dave's late this morning. I am absolutely floored by this beauty. After seeing the workshop and equipment, I am still trying to wrap my head around the amount of work, time and effort that must have been needed to bring these to the light of day. Even with Dave explaining in big, simple words, holding some of the parts and pondering my completed light left me at a loss. Anyone who thinks this is anything but a labor of love on Dave's part is mistaken, in my opinion. I was able to see Dave's "beater/EDC" 007, and if I recall, he said it was the first Ti body he made. Holding up beautifully, all the scratches seem to blend together at some point, and almost looks as good as new... I wish to thank Dave for his hospitality and time, and for the chance to meet him, have the tour, and see what goes into these works of art. I am pretty sure I didn't put it down the whole ride home! :bow: :party: I know I posted this photo in the Registry, but here it is again!

P1010180.jpg

scout24, it was great meeting you today too. Talking flashlights and treehouses is fun and I sooooo needed the break from the intense work of the recent months.

What a great photo.

fyrstormer, the battery cap comes apart in seconds. Throw the pin in your lathe and have at it. :twothumbs

Cheers
Dave

1wrx7

Enlightened
I too had a hard time with the battery cap with no cells in it, but once it's loaded the cap pops off with authority. I've found the prytip on my Atwood G3 works perfectly to release the cap. With a little caution the "buttery" edges of the tool have left no marks at all on my 007. Since I EDC it I can always remove the cap if needed.

I don't really like lanyards on smaller lights, but I'm giving it a try on the Tri-V. God forbid I let someone try it and something happens:poof::mecry: If anyone touches it the lanyard will be on their wrist:xyxgun:

Dave, make sure you take a well deserved break. I can imagine what it's been like building all these masterpieces:bow:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woke up this am with an email from Dave, my Tri-V is on it's waylovecpf

I am off for a week, but will have a bit of access from my iphone, but no Tri-V access till next weekend.
Everyone, enjoy the lights, and a HUGE THANK YOU to Dave.:twothumbs

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
A member posted the pictures of his Tri-V shipped via FedEx and I was expecting mine the next day but I wouldn't be home so I printed out a note to stick on the door asking FedEx to deliver it to the bike shop next door. I did not check my email that night but in the morning I saw a notice from UPS so I had to change the sign I made earlier.

In the past I realized that for the overnight express, UPS will ship before 10:30 am. After the morning tennis game, I rushed back home and saw the UPS truck parking in front of a 7/11 with the flashers on a couple blocks away. I dashed to the truck but found no driver so I jogged around the small streets and checked for the driver but he was nowhere to be found. I already looked inside the 7/11 but I decided to look again. Sure enough he was using the ATM machine inside. As soon as he came out I asked if he has my overnight package. He told me that it was not on his truck but perhaps with another truck with the lady driver. But before I turned back, he saw the truck passed by and told me so. I ran after the truck and saw it stopped a block away, so I slowed down but then the truck took off and made a left turn 3 blocks away. I then realized that she was going to my house. I cut to the left and ran back home and sure enough, she was there. I jumped on the truck and she came out from inside so I told her that I was expecting the overnight package. She grasped her tablet punches in a few numbers and informed me that the UPS plane was late but they would send my package with a smaller truck later to her and she would deliver it to me later. A few hours later, she rang the bell and told me that there was no package. At this point I realized that something wasn't right. I asked her to wait while I check on the tracking information online again. At first I remembered that Dave would try to ship the first batch on Wednesday and the rest on Thursday, so naturally I expected mine on Friday and I didn't check my email on Thursday but did it on Friday morning instead.

To sum it up, my fault :shakehead because I didn't even bother to look at the shipped date which was Friday. I already called UPS and they told me that they will ship Saturday before noon.:hitit:

Last edited:

Incidentalist

Enlightened
My Tri-V has already been to it's first concert! :party:

I had to work the late shift yesterday and the Tri-V was already waiting for me when I arrived. Immediately after work I was heading out for some live music in downtown St. Louis. Not wanting to leave my new precious in my car in an area that car break-ins are not uncommon I put it in my pocket and headed in.

Best flashlight in the world, meet (arguably) the best Mandolin player in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcIDjl2w1E0

A good time was had by all! :rock: :drunk: :devil:

After the show I hung around and had a chance to talk to Sam for a little bit. I just couldn't bring myself to have him pose for a picture with me and the Tri-V. :eek:

Last edited:

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
At the risk of posting this in the wrong place, I'd like to make sure to get in on the action for the next run of Tri-V's. If there's a list, please add me to it. Thanks!