SPY005 Field Test Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: SPY005 Field Test Thread part 1

Dave,
Brain fart on the 1/4"x20 thread. I figured the D-ring had room but spaced the spring on the blind hole. :eek:

On the RA head, I imagine a captive threaded ring on the head that joins the head to the body but allows it to swivel on the battery axis. I would go with a shallow, task work, flood reflector so the head would not stick out too far.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Data said:
The other CPF review lights should be ready to go out Monday. They will go to DaGunn, Andrewwynn and tvodrd.

Cheers
Dave

Darn! Minimal sleep and funny dreams for the next few nights. :green:

(Oh, and only a pimp would own a chrome flashlight. :duck: :nana: )

Larry

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well Larry if you are into hiphop then you know what they say, "there is no business like . . . "

:crackup:

If I finish this I will get in trouble. :devil:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Dave,
Don't listen to Larry and don't be surprised when he posts a picture of the SPY005 open with two of his lights inside. He is *special* that way. :D

I have a PD that was done by the plater that I have yet to show anybody since it isn't built out yet; waiting for Ti bezel but it was a "project" the plater took on for fun and it is chrome with 24k gold bands and fill in the flutes. It is the prettiest finish I have ever seen. The SPY005 in all chrome with a gold band on the head and the two recessed side wells in gold would be worthy of a museum. Get on it! :nana: :crackup:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

:wave: Dave,

Very looking forward to EDC'ing it for a week!!! (Don has called me anal. The design/millwork on that sucker is truely beyond!) (That was a veiled compliment!!!)

Larry

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

HV1T7564w.jpg

This is the new SPY005L. It is a two cell EDC with a hidden compartment. Just screw off the fake knob and it will hold 2 oz of Jim Beam. In addition to that, if you pop off the battery cap there is a storage bay inside for a Larry Light*!

:buddies:

Cheers
Dave

* Larry Light not included

Last edited:

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Dave,

The SPY005L looks like you found a way to get a very practical ( :D ) low off, high off set up... :nana:

Tom

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Dave,

Any pictures of the SPY next to an HDS, Lioncub or similar 1x123 light?

Brightnorm

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

What about chrome on EN body with Black HA head, knob and battery cap? Maybe texture up the knob a little.

Thanks to the field testers for the useful reports.

--------

- Jeff

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

McGizmo said:
Dave,

I have a PD that was done by the plater that I have yet to show anybody since it isn't built out yet; waiting for Ti bezel but it was a "project" the plater took on for fun and it is chrome with 24k gold bands and fill in the flutes.

When do we get to see it? :poke: :paypal:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here are some CAD pictures of a new knob design that I am exploring.

spy95.jpg

spy96.jpg

spy97.jpg

As it turns out when you round off the knob like this it no longer matches the straight head so I played with that too. It is the exact same head on the inside as the one on the review prototype lights with a curvy outer profile.

Cheers
Dave

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Dave I wish to return the light! I spent over 40 minutes hunting and pecking an initial review, including uploading a pic to my webspace. Unlike last night, I wasn't offered an opportunity to cache it for repost! I am way-beyond! pi$$ed! :rant:

Larry

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Data said:
It is a two cell EDC with a hidden compartment. Just screw off the fake knob and it will hold 2 oz of Jim Beam. In addition to that, if you pop off the battery cap there is a storage bay inside for a Larry Light*!

2 oz of Jim Beam, eh? Guaranteed to fail catastrophicly if used with any other fluid - even if 80 proof (40% alcohol by volume)?

One wonders where you came up with Jim Beam ... :D

Also ... interesting choice of reflection on the raytraced model. Car in your driveway, maybe?

Makarov

Enlightened

I must say that this light look more and more interesting... :bow:

The latest CAD's were just soooo nice :wow:

My only question is in what pricerange it's gonna be, there's just so much I need to spend money on :broke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts