SPY005 machining status & style updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amorphous

That is no problem. I understand your desire to have it that way and you can if you want to move the resistors around yourself. But there are also many people who do not want to remember the settings and think about it before they turn the knob. You can also replace the resistors with others if you do not like the values we pick.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne has the rev-1 SPY converter boards populated and running. I will post pictures of one on Wednesday. They fit the light perfectly, electronics testing is ongoing.

:party:

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first set of parts went to the platers today. I will have pictures soon. A prototype body and battery cap went to get a hard anodize coating and the knob and large head went to get chrome plating. Both will likely be done this week.

Cheers
Dave

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Even if you aren't ready for prime time by then, I hope you'll have a prototype to show us at Ghost Mountain.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, Wayne and I will have a prototype at ghost mtn. I do not know if it will be plated or not but we will have something.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's alive.

HV1T7402.jpg

Cheers
Dave

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really do not know how I totally missed this thread. I for sure want one of these. PLEASE don't forget me.

I will buy a proto if you need to sell it and I will even offer to be a field tester for you. :)

Curtis

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
will this light be able to operate on rechargeable cr123 batteries? If so, the bar will have been raised considerably. I am sure this light will have amazing run times on low and will be very bright on high. Flashlight jewelry?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering if the new Luxeon die size/height/shape is going to throw a monkey wrench into your design? Here's a link from McGizmo's forum.

-LT

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think so. There are lots of old LEDs around for my project. I have already sourced most of the ones I will need.

Dave

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Looks like you guys had alot of fun at that get together. Looks like Larry was hanging around all the babes too!!!

Nice pics guys! Wish I could have been there.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Dave,

I am VERY interested in this fascinating light. Please consider me when you start your potential buyer list.

Brightnorm

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
brightnorm

I will be sending some of the review lights out this week. The sign-up thread for the SPY005 will be coming in a few days.

Please check back here for an update on when the sign-up will be posted. I plan to let everybody know at least one day in advance.

Cheers
Dave

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Looking forward to what folks have to say about the light, and even moreso at the prospect of owning one - looking good so far. :thumbsup: :)

-Enrique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts