SPY005 & SPY007 projections and goals...Part 2

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Skink hang'en in the soap dish

DSC_0095b.jpg

Thanks Don! :tinfoil:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know Dave, I've probably got you confused!:nana: I seem to be pretty good with that at work as well it seems! Anyway, following one of our conversations some time ago (2 weeks..2 months??) I decided to go for the 007 Ti (you may remember better than I!) since I have two of the 005s one my everlasting EDC. So, ta clear it all up, that's what I want! Thanks for listening!

Karl

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely interested in a Ti version. Please keep me posted.

fasteddie

Enlightened
Definitely interested in any with ti, all ti, or damascus. Please keep me informed. My two original 005's are getting lonely.

Stan671

Enlightened
The prototype scratch and dent 005 is a HA natural aluminum body with chrome head and high polish SS 304 knob. This light will look very similar to a chrome HA natural 005 and will cost $325. I am releasing about 15 to 20 of these soon after the other 005s
I just want to make sure I understand the terms you are using here, Dave.

The head will be chrome plated alumnum (silver color) and the knob will be polished Stainless Steel (silver color) - those I understand.

I am not so sure about the bodies. Will these light bodies be "silver" in color (not black) because they are natural aluminum color? Is there some kind of coating on the aluminum?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to make sure I understand the terms you are using here, Dave.

The head will be chrome plated alumnum (silver color) and the knob will be polished Stainless Steel (silver color) - those I understand.

I am not so sure about the bodies. Will these light bodies be "silver" in color (not black) because they are natural aluminum color? Is there some kind of coating on the aluminum?

"HA natural aluminum body" is hard anodized. It looks like a dark gray with a bit of green mixed in. The majority of Surefire tactical lights have this coating. Please look back at my older threads for a picture of one of the bodies.

Cheers
Dave

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, the videos with the machine polishing were great! :thumbsup: But you can`t beat good old fashoned hand polishing so you can send my Ti 007 anytime now so I can get started on it. I plan on turning that Ti into liquid metal! :naughty: Man, my fingers are going to HURT! :p

Ken

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, the videos with the machine polishing were great! :thumbsup: But you can`t beat good old fashoned hand polishing so you can send my Ti 007 anytime now so I can get started on it. I plan on turning that Ti into liquid metal! :naughty: Man, my fingers are going to HURT! :p

Ken

Well . . . I have seen your polishing so I know better than to challenge you in that department. :grin2: However, having said that, can your buffer get you a beer? :naughty:

Cheers
Dave

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well . . . I have seen your polishing so I know better than to challenge you in that department. :grin2: However, having said that, can your buffer get you a beer? :naughty:

Cheers
Dave

:thinking: Ahhhh.......... Touche! :laughing: Well then, if you need some to watch your awesome buffer work after it hands you a beer.......... I volunteer! :grin2: That equipment is so cool! :twothumbs