srt

James3

Enlightened
Also .. when the light has low power the led indicator on the torch head flashes rapidly as normal, however when i switch to the red led mode with the magnetic control ring it flashes alternetly with the main XM-L 2 T6 giving the effect of a red and white strobe, pretty cool actually! but it obvioulsy doesn't do this when the light has full power.. anyone else have this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZpQpT3mRU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Nope it's made of hard plastic!

I see! I thought that it was made of metal as well. A plastic combat ring does not sounds so impressing. Is there no other flashlight with similar diameter as the SRT7 that has a metal combat ring that fits the SRT7,and that one can buy separately,and then attach it to the SRT7?

James3

Enlightened
I see! I thought that it was made of metal as well. A plastic combat ring does not sounds so impressing. Is there no other flashlight with similar diameter as the SRT7 that has a metal combat ring that fits the SRT7,and that one can buy separately,and then attach it to the SRT7?

I was thinking the same but unfortunatly I don't know! I'm guessing there is, considering the diameter of the tube is similar to most 18650 torches.

emu124

Enlightened
Received my SRT7 today.
First impression: I like it :)

Buuuut... I , of course, tested it immediately just to determine that my light only works with two CR123 or 18350. Not one lumen with a single 18650... nothing-nada-nichts-rien du tout :hairpull::mad:
My second, and most probably last DOA (at least on 18650 :rolleyes:) Nitecore I've ordered.

James3

Enlightened
Received my SRT7 today.

Buuuut... I , of course, tested it immediately just to determine that my light only works with two CR123 or 18350. Not one lumen with a single 18650... nothing-nada-nichts-rien du tout :hairpull::mad:
My second, and most probably last DOA (at least on 18650 :rolleyes:) Nitecore I've ordered.

How odd, are you using a button top 18650?

ichithekiller

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a SRT6, but I'm also looking forward being able to get this one (don't know when)...
Same here. From what I heard SRT3 was supposed to be released by the end of May. I guess they pushed it to don't-know-when. However, I am still anticipating for it. And I hope it will not be too expensive or else by wife might kill me! :D

emu124

Enlightened
Received my SRT7 today.

Yesterday I tried it with AW + Redilast flat top. The light didin't work.
Then I tried it with Panasonic and a different AW cell. Both have kind of raised button, but with a diameter of about 10mm. Still no success.
Today I tried it again with a Ultrafire and Xtar, both with button top (diameter 5mm) and there was light :ohgeez:
:party::party:
Due to the reverse polarity protection, which is made by the small black plastic washer on the anode, I suppose only cells with a small button top will work in this light.
I apologize for the excitement :whistle::)

James3

Enlightened
Then I tried it with Panasonic and a different AW cell. Both have kind of raised button, but with a diameter of about 10mm. Still no success.
Today I tried it again with a Ultrafire and Xtar, both with button top (diameter 5mm) and there was light :ohgeez:
Due to the reverse polarity protection, which is made by the small black plastic washer on the anode, I suppose only cells with a small button top will work in this light.

yep the button top had to fit into the plastic recess, I use a nitecore 2600mah or an ultrafire 3200mah 18650

snakeplissken83

Newly Enlightened
Dunno about the throw on the srt7. My eagletac g25c2 mk2 with the xml2 emitter seems to be brighter at longer distances...but i dont know if that is down to colour temperature making colours more vivid. The eagletac is quite warm for a cool white emitter (it seems almost neutral actually) where as the srt7 is your classic cool white colour tempurature, very pale and flat. Maybe its just me, but cooler emitters make things seem dimmer, or certainly paler anyway. At long distances this translates to colours appearing less vivid, which gives the illusion of less brightness. Having said that, when you do a bit of white wall hunting you can clearly see the srt7 has a tighter hotspot, and it edges the eagletac on candelas by a 1000 or so. I thought the same about that olight m22 when i tried it out.

Love the srt7 though, despite it being very cool it is still a brilliant performer, and that rotating ring! Its beautifully engineered and works much better than i thought it would.

Last edited:

Kabible

Enlightened

Solder a small blob on the + end. Won't hurt a thing. Makes a flat top work every time.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Received the srt6 yesterday and have spend a bit of time with it. It's a little larger than I though it would be and of course doesn't have rgb's. It seems like it would make a great LE light with its basic UI and strike bezel. I'll get a review of it up later tonight.