• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SSC P7 Buck Converter

Scattergun

Enlightened
I´m currently working on a P7-Mag with a 6AA-2D fivemega holder. I want to adjust the driver, and now I am wondering. Should I start by adjusting it with the voltagemeter connected over the LED, measuring the Voltage across the lit LED?
And after that I connect an Ampmeter in series with the LED, before the positive input on the LED.
Did I get this right?
And wich way is the Poti set at minimum? wouldn´t want to start up with maximum value...

Lelles0815

Newly Enlightened
Hi Der Wichtel,

I need 2 drivers for a single P7 c-bin. Because of the forum restrictions i still can't write PMs :confused:. Please email me the total and your paypal adress to Michael.Hilk(at)gmx.de

Thanks a lot

Michael

flex76italy

Enlightened
Anyone has experienced the buck converter with D2DIM driver?

I have semi-fried two D2DIM with the two wiring mode suggested in this thread

Seems that the D2DIM have lost the capacity to turn off, the led remain in a dim mode :confused:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you sure that you are not in programable mode for the D2dim, if when you power it up it flashes several times and then goes dim it is in programable mode.
If this might be it then you will be able to follow the instructions in the tech specs for D2dim.
As long as the polarity is right I doubt that the board is burned up. I have had good luck with this converter and the D2dim used together.

flex76italy

Enlightened
I'm 100% sure, not in programmable mode...for first i have tried with a new unused D2DIM...then with a tested and mounted in another flashlight D2DIM...same result.

Can you post a pic with your wiring, please?

Thanks.

ktafil

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am interested in your work. Somehow i can not PM you. I am quite new here, but read a lot about p7 MOD's.
I would like to make a 2D p7 MOD with 6xAA cell's
Can you tell me if your driverboard wil be good for that?

thank you,

Ktafil

ktafil

Newly Enlightened
I think you need at least three posts to have your pm function enabled.

Ok...... Not very handy.... a new guy has to start somewhere.
I hope they give me the PM function soon, so that I dont have to post just to post something to get PM rights....

So a 6xAA will work fine with your driver?
How much amps will it suck out of the cells with 7.2V?

hope to PM you soon to order

Ktafil

Scattergun

Enlightened
@Ktafil
I´m building a light with that exact setup right now.... I use the board with a max output of 4V.

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Ok...... Not very handy.... a new guy has to start somewhere.
I hope they give me the PM function soon, so that I dont have to post just to post something to get PM rights....

So a 6xAA will work fine with your driver?
How much amps will it suck out of the cells with 7.2V?

hope to PM you soon to order

Ktafil

I think you will get something around 1.5A

javiole

Newly Enlightened
hi Der,

a fast question:

I was so impatient to try your driver that i used the p7 from my mte flashlight (it is taking ages for the p7s to arrive). I used 7.2volts li-ions (2s3p). I connected the driver as you indicate and a tester to measure the amps in serial with the p7. Everything ok in the pot-minimum. As a turned the pot on, the p7 started to flash (I even like that for a bicycle set up). The maximum that the p7 would take was about 1.93Amps at the maximum pot-turn. At some point, the p7 stop woking. I'm afraid I have fried it!! I thought a p7 will always reach 2.8amps at its vf. that's why I never checked the voltage I was puting in the p7, I thought it was safe because not crossing 2.8amps means not crossing the vf. Anyway 4.2volts wouldn't fried a p7 I thought too. It is possible that this p7 could take less that 2.8amps at its right vf, being in this case maybe low? (DD from a li-ion it would only take 1.5amps). I am a bit confused.

cheers,

Javi

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
The driver was already preadjusted.
Did you remove your amperemeter from the series setup when running the LED?
If your amperemeter has too high resistance then you will get too much voltage drop. Thats why you can't go over 1.93A.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

I would like to get three of your version 1 boards since I am using them in Tri P7 builds Probably using 4x 3.7 lions for power so I figured I needed the version one.

I have a version two left, can I use this in with a cree MEC and 12 volts?

Thanks

Dave (Nailbender) :paypal:

Hamster

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the diagram.
Do you have instructions for the user interface?
Various push sequences cause the LED to blink etc.
However the UI is not obvious (at least for me)

Thanks again