SST-50 EDC Light 2nd Run *All Shipped*

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Re: SST-50 EDC Light 2nd Run *Closed*

Mac, can you confirm the levels of 3-mode drivers?

This is what I found in the first thread:
Lower output 3 mode driver- 100ma -400ma -1400ma High
Higher output 3 mode driver- 140ma -1000ma -2500ma High

However, in the first post you mention a 2800 ma high driver. If this is a new driver, what are the other two levels?

Patriot

Flashaholic

Mac, I can't help to to ask about your first pic and the G18. The writing looks different and doesn't appear recessed but if it's a replica, it's a very nice one.

Great photography as always! :)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac, can you confirm the levels of 3-mode drivers?

This is what I found in the first thread:
Lower output 3 mode driver- 100ma -400ma -1400ma High
Higher output 3 mode driver- 140ma -1000ma -2500ma High

However, in the first post you mention a 2800 ma high driver. If this is a new driver, what are the other two levels?

The driver from the MFG states 2500mah but in my tests it's closer to 2800mah. The 7135 chips provide 350mah of current each and there is 8 chips so 9 x 350 = 2800.

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac, I can't help to to ask about your first pic and the G18. The writing looks different and doesn't appear recessed but if it's a replica, it's a very nice one.

Great photography as always! :)

It's a G18C Airsoft gun. Shoots 6mm balls in semi or 13 per second with real blow back action. It's powered via Green Gas (Propane)

Mac

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right, but not asking about IMR for the 5 mode driver, rather wondering which RCR since it appears Mac demo's perhaps a higher mAh cell than AW's RCR.

Thats an original AW protected cell. Any protected cell or the IMR cell is fine.

Mac

fiftycalibre

Newly Enlightened

Anyone that posted that they where in and didn't send paypal which I believe is only 3 people can still send payment and be on this run. I was waiting for this to come up from one of them :)

Mac

I am one :ohgeez:

PP inbound in 1 minute!

:paypal: For a Titanium version with 3mode Low-Med-2800mah High driver, clip and international shipping

Cheers!

Last edited:

senorcosas

Newly Enlightened

Please do a third run Mac! I missed the first two, but I will commit to two titanium and two aluminum. Here's hoping....

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there is a third run I am in for a Titanium 3 level with 2800mah burst and clip.

thanks

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not to be a jerk or anything, but having a custom light kinda loses it's appeal when it's mass produced and anyone can get one. Besides the fact that I find this to be one of the nicest lights I've every seen, I liked the idea of being one of the few to have it.

Flame suit on.
flame_suit.jpg

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened

Not to be a jerk or anything, but having a custom light kinda loses it's appeal when it's mass produced and anyone can get one. Besides the fact that I find this to be one of the nicest lights I've every seen, I liked the idea of being one of the few to have it.

I'm pretty sure you won't be running into people in the street with this light any time soon. :)

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast

:wave: thanks for clearing that up donn_
if there are constant runs then they will be.

KenAnderson

Enlightened

If offered, in for a third round.

Alum with clip, 3 mode driver- 140ma -1000ma -2500ma High

Thanks Mac

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

:wave: thanks for clearing that up donn_
if there are constant runs then they will be.

Yep I hear he's ramping up production a little for a 4th run and plans on at least 6 Billion units. At least one for every man, woman and child on the planet. Better bask in your exclusivity while you can 'cause soon they'll be on every street corner.

:whistle:

If you do a third run I'd be in for one.

KenAnderson

Enlightened

No need for the asbestes flame suit. Mac's lights are great but they are not intended to be one of a kind. Mac is an artist, but his lights are tools. If you want the feeling of exclusive ownership to continue, you'll need to buy something like an original Picasso painting. Then you'll be sure to have the only one.

TSWrench

Newly Enlightened

Mac,

Notwithstanding the debate on whether or not it should occur...

If there is a 3rd Run, please put me down for an aluminum 3mode Low-Med-1400mah High. Also interested in the 18650 tube if that goes forward too.

Thank you!