Streamlight Sidewinder Compact Has anyone seen it? or know who has it avail?

axd

Newly Enlightened
I received mine yesterday. The blue light is labeled as "IR safe", so I suggest that it is very hard to detect the light of the blue LED with NV equipment.

This is interesting; are you sure you don't confuse with "IR safe" to avoid the IR being switched on inadvertently? I think that's what the manual says: "to avoid accidental IR emission".

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Brightguy last night. I got a response early this morning. The rep told me it is in stock and if ordered before 3 it would be on it's way. So I ordered it up along with the helmet mount. 2 day UPS I can't wait.

Unless some of you already know but Bright Guy has the full size sidewinder with C4 LED and green LED too. The same goes for the Compact Sidewinder it too has the green LED instead of IR. I bought the model with the C4 and green LED. Works ok with me at work.

axd

Newly Enlightened
Unless some of you already know but Bright Guy has the full size sidewinder with C4 LED and green LED too. The same goes for the Compact Sidewinder it too has the green LED instead of IR. I bought the model with the C4 and green LED. Works ok with me at work.

Interesting: maybe have a look here?

Last edited: