Sub 30/50$ light for walking in rural areas/forests. Extra high mode a plus.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are smooth bezels, instead of assault bezels. You'll be over your budget once you get into tritium. Gitd is cheap and easy though, and gitd orings are easy to find

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
I dont mean to threadjack, but Ive been following along with this thread because Im interested in gettting some SolarForce hosts for P60 drop ins as well.

Which models are on sale? Is there a place that gives an overview of the different L2 models?

Id like to pick some up while they are on sale.

Naguz

Newly Enlightened
http://www.solarforce.hk/ is Solarforce own page with listings of products. I'm planning on buying from lighthound.com if the shipping is not too bad. If by "on sale" you mean temporarily discounted and not only for sale, I have no idea.

The only thing I'm wondering about now, is whether to get a gray or back L2p body. I'd actually prefer the gray, I think, but when Iæm first buyng an l2p i want the best one, and the mumbo-jumbo on solarforces site ("Special coating to the electrical conducting surface for enhanced conductivity and anti-erosion ability (for black colour model only)") has me wondering if the black would be the better option. Is it really any real world difference?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black anodizing tends to hold up the best, with Solarforce. There colors hold up pretty good, I have a gunmetal Grey that held up pretty good.

Lighthound shipping is decent if your in the USA, I buy from the Solarforce sales sight because its cheaper and I'm patient.
Youll get your light from a US vendor much quicker than an hk one.
MD Lightsource, illuminationSupply, sbflashlight, GoingGear are all great places to buy from. Some carry Solarforce ;)

Naguz

Newly Enlightened
Well im actually in Euroipe, but lighthound seemed to be the cheapest one (and has a good reputation) solarforceflashlight-sales.com had a horrible site to navigate, but I see that they actually are a bit cheaper. Have to be VERY patient considering the chinese new year holidays now, though. :p

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
Thanks!

Sorry to insert myself again, maybe I should start another thread.

Is that regular pricing on the site? $12 or so for the L2P?

Also do all these L2 variations use the P60 drop ins? There seem to be 2 different size heads. Do they both use P60 drop ins? Also I would like to be able to use the battery extension tubes. Are all the L2 variations able to use the extensions?

Im looking for maximum versatility.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

Sorry to insert myself again, maybe I should start another thread.

Is that regular pricing on the site? $12 or so for the L2P?

Also do all these L2 variations use the P60 drop ins? There seem to be 2 different size heads. Do they both use P60 drop ins? Also I would like to be able to use the battery extension tubes. Are all the L2 variations able to use the extensions?

Im looking for maximum versatility.

Thanks again!

Larger heads are not p60 hosts. The L2P, L2M, L2T, L2N and P1 are all p60 hosts. My fav is the L2M

Latest posts