SunForce 25 Million Candlepower HID Rechargeable Spotlight

Stirdy

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a direct use (plug in) type 25mcp spotlight? I don't need the rechargeable feature....If not, would I have any problems modifying the sunforce 25mcp to run directly from a plug?

Alfonso

Newly Enlightened
Out of interest, has anyone had problems with the batteries in their units?

I purchased one of these a couple years back. Excellent for checking out activity in the 1/4 section. But one season later, difficulties in holding charge, progressively worse performance for several months, then no charge at all being held.

Given the performance, considering purchasing another. But I'm wondering if just a doubtful unit, rather than a problem with the model itself.

On a sideline query, has anyone tried out the Pelican 9410 lantern? Obviously not the same intensity - not even close - but the NiMH recharging and suspect better quality in a useful, small spot is appealing. As you can tell, looking for a rechargeable unit for that 300 m or so distance I need to check out into the field about my place. Appreciate any info or suggestions on this. thanks

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had any problems with the SLA batteries in my Sunforce HID light so far. What charger are you using? To make SLA batteries last as long as possible, never ever run them down to the point of the light not working. They don't like deep cycling. Also, if possible, get a peak detecting charger so the batteries won't be over charged. Over charging can be a problem if you use the charger that came with the light as it is not a peak detecting charger.

I've been using this charger for all my SLA batteries and it has worked perfectly for the past 2+ years.

http://www.batteryspace.com/leadacidsmartcharger08afor12vleadacidbatterywith3stagesfloating.aspx

It never over charges batteries and it definitely helped my batteries last longer compared to some SLA cells that I used before I bought it. For only $13, it's a great deal too.

Alfonso

Newly Enlightened
Would have to be honest in stating that several times I did overcharge, forgetting to unplug. May have been the cause of it.

I will track down this alternate charger (or similar).

thanks

Would have to be honest in stating that several times I did overcharge, forgetting to unplug. May have been the cause of it.

I will track down this alternate charger (or similar).

thanks

It was my belief that SLA was much more susceptible to damage from overdischarge than from overcharge, but someone please correct me if I'm off.

MannyDLights

Newly Enlightened
Amazing Lights ! Love the tests ...... I'm a new member ..

I just got my first Mega Cannon light on ebay $67.01, but I have no details on it ..... No User Manuals

I has 2 switches one has 3,500 on it and second 5,000 ..... Button turns on the 2 levels power of light ..... On the scale it weighs 4.1 Lbs and on the Bottom it says PSL-A1 4,300K made in Korea it runs about 1.5 hours until it's yellow beam shows.

Any Idea of quality ? Anyone has seen this light ? Did I get ripped off ? comments.....

Thanks

[link removed - DM51]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=290466293829

Last edited by a moderator:

jagster936

Newly Enlightened
So I have a question. I recently bought this light. There is a lot of Corona I guess you call it, sure with a tight center spot I guess this is normal? The center spot is not that much light though due to most of it being spilled. Someone can't take a decent picture up close on the wall for a comparison? Maybe on a dark surface so it will show up good.

Also the little red LED on the charging part of the spotlight is always solid red, and it glows dimly at all times even when not charging! Is this normal? It also gets bright red when you charge it, but is always bright red. There is no dimming/bright LED on the charging transformer either, what are yall talking about? Or was this with the older one?

Thanks

jagster936

Newly Enlightened
And what about some schematics for the circuitry inside? I may disable said light and install a direct charging port so I can use a peak charger not that joke trash they call charging (guessing when its charged)

signs1919

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had any problems with the SLA batteries in my Sunforce HID light so far. What charger are you using? To make SLA batteries last as long as possible, never ever run them down to the point of the light not working. They don't like deep cycling. Also, if possible, get a peak detecting charger so the batteries won't be over charged. Over charging can be a problem if you use the charger that came with the light as it is not a peak detecting charger.

I've been using this charger for all my SLA batteries and it has worked perfectly for the past 2+ years.

http://www.batteryspace.com/leadacidsmartcharger08afor12vleadacidbatterywith3stagesfloating.aspx

It never over charges batteries and it definitely helped my batteries last longer compared to some SLA cells that I used before I bought it. For only $13, it's a great deal too.
i have just received this charger, how would you hook it up? use the plug for outside charging?