Sunwayman V11r vs Zebralight sc600

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight sc600/ Sunwayman v11r

I'm trying to decide between these two for EDC. I like the variable output on the v11r, but to me better battery option for the sc600. And moon light mode is very important to me. It looks like the sc600 doesn't shine that low.

Any recommendation between those lights?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got it figured out. V11R goes lower and SC600 has better battery.
I bored the AA adapter on my V11R to take a 17500 battery. It is still no match for an 18650.
Both are great lights.

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
In my opinion... the Sunwayman makes a better EDC light and the Zebralight makes a slightly better outdoors/camping type light.

You know what they always say... get'em both.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
The V11R will definitely fit a lot better in a pocket than the SC600 and can use AA's if you buy the extender. It still is bright on an AA at 190 (conservative) lumens and will work on a 14500 just the same as an RCR123... plenty of battery options there. Runtime is also very relative to output so, unless you only go for max, I wouldn't just look at the runtime numbers. The SC600 is also a very nice light but since I saw the specs on the H502, I'm waiting to see if Zebra will stat updating all their drivers. But if you have to ask, you already know you want them both :devil:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. I carry the Sunwayman V11r much more because it is smaller. The Zebralight would make a great camping light. It's larger battery means more runtime. I followed the CPF creed and bought them both!

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Agree that the V11r is very nice edc. It comes with the black rubber tail cap assembly as well as the metal version. Its got a nice deep removable carry clip for edc. The knurling on the selector ring is a big improvement over the V10r. Im a huge fan of moonlight mode for an edc, just thing you need not to wake the babies :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the limited edition high CRI V11R and my low is reallllllllly low... I love it. I just don't know if it's the same low on the regular version. To me, this is the dream EDC I've been waiting for.

BobBarker

Newly Enlightened
How would you say the quality is on the V11R (compared to Zebralight or JetBeam) ?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had my problems with Jetbeam, so I'll refrain from comments on that, but I'd say the V11R is as good as Zebra.

BobBarker

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting two of them (what ever they end up being). One of them is for my fiance. So I want to make sure that the light is very good quality. She only carries one light, so it needs to work every time. Plus, I don't want to be giving her a light of anything but the best quality (that does what she wants).
I got lucky... My girl doesn't care about diamond rings... But she did want a Benchmade (knife).

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to tell me where to find a girl like that...
Quality wise, I wouldn't worry about either. I don't know how good your fiance is with interfaces, but that's something you might want to think about. The V11R has the simplest interface ever, while the Zebra can take from minutes to hours to get used to. The SC600 definitely has more output, but won't run on AA's.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got an SC-600 and V10R(similar to the V11R) and I like them for different reasons.

The V10R is a bit smaller, shorter and is lighter than the SC-600. It runs on a primary, or a 16340, which is a bonus if you need to pick a primary up while on the road. The SC-600 does go pretty low, to .1LM on it's lowest setting--L2 and 2.9LM on L1. If that's not moonlight mode, I don't know what is!

The SC-600 will give you long runtimes, but you better have spares. I've read of one guy using two 123s in the SC-600, but that setup isn't supported, so you're on your own there.

I like the looks of both and both have a solid, well made feel about them. I got the tan V10 and like the looks of it and the natural SC-600. Both have pocket clips and both will tailstand.

I got the V10 during the BJ 20% off sale with free s/h, so that was $66 delivered vs. the $95 shipped, that I paid for the ZL.

I know that the V11R is a few bucks more than the MSRP of the V10R, but not by a lot.

Chris

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
If emergency use runtime is any consideration, I go for a ZL in a heartbeat...even a single AA version.

SWM magnetic ring lights ~35 hrs max?

biglights

Enlightened
I have the limited edition high CRI V11R and my low is reallllllllly low... I love it. I just don't know if it's the same low on the regular version. To me, this is the dream EDC I've been waiting for.

:twothumbs

RBWNY

Enlightened
I've got an SC-600 and V10R(similar to the V11R) and I like them for different reasons.

Yes, I have both as well and consider them to be entirely different lights. The ZL DOES go really low on the lowest setting. The beam is big and floody. The only real advantage of the V10R is its size for pocket carry...and as already stated, the turning ring "gripability" (or lack there of) is its weakest point.

One of the BEST things about the ZL... is if you have it tailstanding on a nightstand for example, you can just reach over and press the switch --as if you're turning off a standard light. No need to pick UP the light to shut it off, (or change modes) as you'd have to do w/the SWM.

JudasD

Enlightened
I also own both of these lights. I do like them both.
The SC600 can get very low. That should not be a concern. As already stated you will get much longer runtimes with the SC600.
I tried to use the SC600 as an EDC and it is just a touch too long for my pocket. In the meantime I did get very used to the beam pattern.
When i received the V11R i immediately loved the size when NOT using the extender. With the extender it feels just like the SC600 in my pocket. :(
The brightness at max feels about the same on both lights even though the SC600 has more lumens. The big difference is that the SC600 does have a much larger flood pattern. The SC600 also appears to have a touch more throw, but only by a few meters.
Since the light output is similar and i have no concern for runtime, my choice is the V11R due to it's small physical size.

JD