Surefire’s 2009 New Lights Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My point wasn't about whether or not PK could take crictism. It was about whether CPF members respect him enough actually take a moment to actually listen to him. The vibe I had from the last couple SHOT Shows was that people attending PK's party were there for free beer, free food, and free SureFires.
CPF members haven't even seemed to notice the whole new range of flashlights he has designed and are being released.

Not the vibes I picked up last year, or in 2005. People there were serious flashaholics, interested in PK's demonstration, and having good fun. It was an honor for me to be there. Wonderful people to meet, who share a lot on CPF, including some of our great builders and modders. Don't think I saw any SF naysayers. I must add that I noticed that nobody has more fun at PK's parties than you, and I mean no disrespect.

I hope that PK realizes that there are only a few disrespectul critics of SF here on CPF, compared to the many thousands of CPF'ers who do not present themselves in such a distastful manner.

Bill

flash_bang

Enlightened
Not the vibes I picked up last year, or in 2005. People there were serious flashaholics, interested in PK's demonstration, and having good fun. It was an honor for me to be there. Wonderful people to meet, who share a lot on CPF, including some of our great builders and modders. Don't think I saw any SF naysayers. I must add that I noticed that nobody has more fun at PK's parties than you, and I mean no disrespect.

I hope that PK realizes that there are only a few disrespectul critics of SF here on CPF, compared to the many thousands of CPF'ers who do not present themselves in such a distastful manner.

Bill
I feel kinda bad now :( I didn't mean any harm, and I can see if SF decided that the UA/B2 isn't gonna work out. Stuff happens, so, while somewhat disappointing, there is gonna be other stuff. AND LOOK AT THE OTHER STUFF. The M3LT is basically amazing, and I REALLY hope they release just the head assembly.

as for the stuff like the lack of knurling, I'm sure if I hold one of em it's gonna be practically baby-inducing, so I kinda doubt there will be much of a problem there :crazy:

Also, keep up the good work PK! We're rooting for you! (not that there's much competition...).

Cheers,
Flash

gsxrac

Enlightened
Hold on lol I have no idea of how SF operates I was just offering my opinion on what they might have done. Although I would LOVE to know how SF operates ;)

curlyfry562

Enlightened
These new lights from Surefire look an awful lot like the lights I just got from Milkysplit:

U2by2 ~ UB3
MX-813 ~ M3L

So I am sadly not as tempted by as many of these new offerings, but the A2L does look very nice. I will be interested to how the new grips work.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea why PK would be upset by anything on CPF, it has a wide variety of members, with a wide variety of opinions. In the end SF only need look at sales. Since their two most exciting lights never even made it to market it's quite understandable many people would be less than positive about the company. I suspect their investors feel the same way.

He got good feedback, the E1B and E2DL are good lights, people like them.

If you increase the price of your most popular products by 50% with no explanations you're not going to make your customers, who are also dealing with economic conditions, very happy.

CPF??? He's probably more concerned about reduced defense spending, and investor sentiment.

People here seem to credit SF for what they do well, but see no reason for them not to keep up with technology or to deliver what they promise. This is no different for any other company that pre-announces a product. I can think of hundreds of companies that have been treated exactly the same when they did not meet their customer expectations, when they were the ones who set those expectations.

If they wanted to improve CPF relations (which is questionable), a Party would have been a pretty good way to do it, right after they explained what went wrong. A few beers and people forgive and forget a lot.

The truth is, the changing economic environment, the increased competition, and their own operational issues are their biggest challenges (or should be), and CPF is so far down the scale that it is likely they are focusing their priorities.

All the above is MPO. :shrug:

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Please excuse my ignorance here but could somebody kindly please explain the difference between the M3L and the M3TL as they appear different but have the same specs?

Thanks
Chris (Also British!)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Please excuse my ignorance here but could somebody kindly please explain the difference between the M3L and the M3TL as they appear different but have the same specs?

Thanks
Chris (Also British!)
The M3 and M3T have the same output and runtime specs. The M3T has a TurboHead bezel (that's the "T" in the model number). The TurboHead bezel concentrates the light into a tighter beam for longer range illumination.

In this regard the proto-type concept LED bezels are no different.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.