Surefire E1B Backup (Pics Included)

curby

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of the earlier ones and have been contemplating an upgrade. Is the new output noticeably brighter? Thanks!

Glock 22

Enlightened
My first E1B was the eariler one. I purchased it about three years ago. My opinion there is a brighter output on the upgraded one.

Last edited:

PelicanCaseNut

Newly Enlightened
very reliable light, the head on mine was detached and submerged in water, still works like new!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1B is my most used light. I know theres tons of optons for edc carry out there, but this one suits my needs just fine. As far as what goes in my pocket everyday, I dont even think about another light. No regrets buying it. It's been dropped too many times to remember, even rolled down the highway. It has the usual dings and scuffs from 3 years of use, in other words, charactar marks. The only mod to it is a ti tailguard from Modoo which shows no scuffs or dings even being on the light for most of it's life. Mine was purchased several months before the 110 lumen version came out but has always seemed brighter than 80 lumens. It also draws over 900 milli-amps at the tail which leads to my suspicion of it being on the brighter side. If you want exotic machining, a zillion modes, or crazy lumens, the E1B is not your light. If you want a small pocket friendly utilitarian light you can always count on with a throwy beam, then it is definitely worth considering.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
The E1B is my most used light. I know theres tons of optons for edc carry out there, but this one suits my needs just fine. As far as what goes in my pocket everyday, I dont even think about another light. No regrets buying it. It's been dropped too many times to remember, even rolled down the highway. It has the usual dings and scuffs from 3 years of use, in other words, charactar marks. The only mod to it is a ti tailguard from Modoo which shows no scuffs or dings even being on the light for most of it's life. Mine was purchased several months before the 110 lumen version came out but has always seemed brighter than 80 lumens. It also draws over 900 milli-amps at the tail which leads to my suspicion of it being on the brighter side. If you want exotic machining, a zillion modes, or crazy lumens, the E1B is not your light. If you want a small pocket friendly utilitarian light you can always count on with a throwy beam, then it is definitely worth considering.

Agreed ...

Glock 22

Enlightened
I totally agree also! Well worth the money, mines not for sale at no price.:thumbsup:

Last edited: