SureFire E1B Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting new light from SF. Cheaper than L1 cree, much lower low mode and higher high mode, also in HA3 black cool!.....generally much better specs than the L1 cree?!

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
Hey Matt, I tried to order a E1B but its adding shpping cost even tho it states that the item qualifies for free shipping :thinking:.

Am I doing something wrong? Will wait for a replay to complete my order.

Never mind, I see where I messed up.

Thanks!:paypal:

Last edited:

Optik49

Enlightened
:shrug: Why does it keep adding in the shipping ($9.58)? I'm up to the Send Order point? Oh add the Coupon code surefire (attention to detail :ohgeez:) Guess you can't use the CPF2006 and get the 5% bummer. :(
Oh well order placed. I called Surefire today and they said you can not purchase from Surefire for another 30 days. Hopefully this will be quicker :devil:

:popcorn:
AND WE WAIT

Last edited:

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
It seems that if Surefire can make the switch High/Low then they can make a switch Low/High, and designate the light E1B-T (high/low) for tactical use and E1B-G (low/high) for general purpose use.
The same switch could be used on other models too for all the non tactical users.

Sounds too logical doesn't it?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sounds too logical doesn't it?

.... Until you realize that Surefire is a company that makes its money off of tactical lights. Especially with their government contracts. There isn't a huge enough demand for non-tactical lights from Surefire, to justify spending the money for R&D for lights that appeal to non-tactical Users.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... Until you realize that Surefire is a company that makes its money off of tactical lights. Especially with their government contracts. There isn't a huge enough demand for non-tactical lights from Surefire, to justify spending the money for R&D for lights that appeal to non-tactical Users.

yeah, they sure would never have a low-high light.

Oh wait, L1, L2, A2. They already do that.

Considering they have always had lights geared towards outdoorsmen, in form of long running moderate output LEDs as well as dual output lights, you need to give them the credit for paying attention to non-tacticool users, and ironically the lumen-hungry CPF comunity has not been friendly toward SF because of that. "SF doesn't know how to boost efficiency", "Surefire uses crappy bins because their published spec sucks", etc, etc.

Hmmm...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes to both. :D
The L1/L2/A2, while being in low mode first, do offer high mode in the same movement inthe same action in the fraction of a second, which makes this interface so beautiful.

The E1B et al however can't do that. There you need to release the switch again to achieve the second mode, and now it is important if it is high or low that engages first, all of a sudden.
And that is the downside of the mutli-click interfaces and this is also the reason why I fear I won't like it.

bernie

paulr

Flashaholic
If you have to go multi-click, high-low is the way to do it. Those concerned about too big an initial blast can put their finger over the bezel or point it out of the way when they first turn it on.

Optik49

Enlightened
My NovaTac 120P is currently set to come on at the lowest setting but press and hold for max or two clicks to medium. It's the perfect light to get up in the middle of the night with. Not to hijack the E1B but I just find I most often reach for my NovaTac because it's the programming I choose. The timed auto off works well, if you want a nightlight.

robm

Enlightened
I wonder what happens when the batteries are getting low - i.e. not enough power left to run on high - will it be possible to click through to low?

IIRC there was another multi-level light had this problem, even though the batteries could run on low - it wasn't possible to get to low.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

There's a huge difference between the tactical community, and the tacti-cool community. The A2 is a specialized light. The L1 and L2 are designed so that if you need high-mode, you can instantly bypass low by pushing down on the switch as hard as you can. I consider both to be tactical models which have a low feature that doesn't get in the way of using the lights for actual, tactical purposes.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Wolf Eyes HO 2 level drop-in in my 6PD with a Z59 tail cap, so I have this same exact high/low setup. Momentary taps to switch levels, or full clicks for constant on. I like it, and am looking forward to getting the E1B. If you don't mind high coming on first, it's a simple quick tap to get to low. In fact, it is very simple and intuitive. You can change the level to what you want before clicking it to full on. I don't see it as much of a problem with just a two stage light. I can see where it would be a pain with more levels though.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a huge difference between the tactical community, and the tacti-cool community. The A2 is a specialized light. The L1 and L2 are designed so that if you need high-mode, you can instantly bypass low by pushing down on the switch as hard as you can. I consider both to be tactical models which have a low feature that doesn't get in the way of using the lights for actual, tactical purposes.

you seem to be missing my point and focusing on semantics.

Do you agree that Surefire has had lights geared toward average outdoorsman type users? Since the introduction of the 3P, E1, then the E2O, then the E1L/E2L, and the L1s were low output lights in the beginning that were hardly "tactical" brightness. Remember how much output the L1 ha when it was first introduced? What about the KL3 conversion heads?

It would be unfair to pigeonhole SF as a "tactical" maker when they have been making long running lights for others for quite a while now. Heck the light that drew me to CPF was the E2O Outdoorsman back in 2004, and tjey had been making hte MN02 and E1 for a while by then.

Last edited:

djblank87

Enlightened
I do not know about the rest of you guys but I received my tracking number from Battery Junction today for my E1B. :clap:

MattK & Battery Junction​
:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Thanks for the pre-order, updates and quick shipping for this item. Just a few more days. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.