Surefire E1B MaxVision discussion

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else notice when you switch to low within 2 seconds it flickers from. High/low

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
It only happens when its pretty close to the 2 second mode. It's like it trying to figure out if it should go on high but decides to go on low

hatman

Enlightened
New owners -- please share your experience with tint and runtimes on rechargables.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
So I got mine around the 25th of April. Today (June 2nd) the battery went dead. I was hoping it would last a little longer than a month, well month and a few days. The light did however have good regulation. It did not seem to dim but just went out and would only work on low which I had to toggle to in order for it to work. The voltage on the battery was 2.85 volts. The battery was the primary that it came with.

Just passing it on.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got mine around the 25th of April. Today (June 2nd) the battery went dead. I was hoping it would last a little longer than a month, well month and a few days. The light did however have good regulation. It did not seem to dim but just went out and would only work on low which I had to toggle to in order for it to work. The voltage on the battery was 2.85 volts. The battery was the primary that it came with.

Just passing it on.

Very contradictory behavior. Surefire does not declare this light as 16340 capable, but 2.85V limit would say otherwise :thinking:

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
Mine came in the mail today. I'm pretty excited about using it for walking the dog. The Maxvision beam should work good for up close when bagging his droppings and the light is small enough to fit easily in, or clipped to, a pocket.

Pros: Nice Surefire fit and finish; momentary and click on/off; smooth wide beam lends itself to close work better than a more focused beam. Nice pocketable size that is light and easy to carry.

Cons: Price (I paid $179.00 shipped) It's possible better deals are out there but still, this is a lot for what you get.
400 lumens may be a bit much for my intended use. I would prefer 200 or even a bit less lumens in trade for longer runtime.
Cool tint; I definitely prefer a neutral or even a warm tint to a cool tint.

Next to my Titan: Love the size and (Maxvision) beam profile of the Titan, dislike the twisty action and cool beam tint. Like all Surefires, it feels solid and is nice to hold.
A guy could probably get by with one Titan and never really need anything else.
DSCN17101.JPG

Quite possibly my three favorites: E2E is lightweight and throws pretty good for a little guy. No problems with the tint here, it's incan. Homemade G1 has a neutral M31 Malkoff drop-in and is great for knocking around it's a bit big for pocket carry but sees plenty of around the house duty.
DSCN17092.JPG

DSCN17084.JPG

Last edited:

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
Cool tint? Ah, thank you. E1B-MV falls out of my "want it" list :)

I can see your point. This would be the perfect light, for my purposes, if it had neutral tint and less lumens/more run time. Everything else is great. I guess Surefire doesn't build lights specifically for me though. Maybe one day they'll offer cafeteria style ordering where you can build your own and pick tint, lumens, number of batteries etc. Until then, this light is a keeper but perhaps the search for the perfect light isn't done yet.

Out walking the dog tonight and I noticed it really zapped my night vision when I touched it off. On the plus side, it lights up the whole walking path with ease. :huh:

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine yesterday. I am fine with the high output level and am 70% fine with the low output. It could be a tad brighter. Maybe. I imagine if the low were a lot brighter, it would be annoying for what I think is it's intended use: up close work.

While, yes, I'm on CPF, I don't consider myself enough of an afficionado to comment on tint.

It feels smaller in-hand than I thought it would feel. I'm cool with that. It feels smaller, but still solid.

I love the floodiness of the beam! I don't need a laser.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for another informative review! Your impressions are always valuable. I hope not to appear contentious, but Surefire does not use fully potted electronics. They are quality items, to be sure, but will not have all the same characteristics as fully potted flashlights.