Surefire E2 vs. Brinkmann LX

Saaby

Flashaholic
Brinkmann is a BRIGHT light but that's not what I am here to despute. All I am asking is this...Would somone with both post a size comparison pic? The Brinkmann seems quite small but I am just wondering if the Surefire is even smaller!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ASO..I must have been synchronized w/your reply. Can you inform me how to post a hot
(clickable) link? EDIT....
ok,thanx saby i've got it now.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried the LX as AWC (at work carry) for a while and thought it was small and bright. Then I got the E2. Now the LX seems bulky and heavy compared to the E2. I only wish the E2 had the brightness and throw of the LX. I might have to get the MN02 for the E2 and then get the G2Z (when it comes out) for a lightweight flashlight with a long throw.

Saaby

Flashaholic
**Problem fixed**

Anyway I just wondered because I thought the LX was quite small...(because it is) and I like it. I think I will EDC it next to my Arc, at least until I get a Surefire if not longer. Guess it's like the Mag solitare, I thought it was small until I got an arc
shocked.gif

P.S. ASO please don't use 4 muscles on me but could you possible edit this:

1billpray.gif

down just a little? It's just a tiny but too wide for my screen so whenever you post it screws up the whole thread so I have to scroll up and down and side to side too!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The size difference between the LX and the E2 is significant.

The LX with it's huge Bezel is in the same size bracket as the SureFire M2, but lacks all the features that the M2 has. My view is that the M2 more than justifies it's size.

The E2 makes a perfect EDC flashlight with it's thin, light-weight, compact body, and it's PocketClip.

Unlike the M2, the LX lacks a Pocket/BeltClip. Therefore I find it very difficult to carry, I don't trust it carried in a bag in case it activates and melts it's pathetic lens (and damages whatever it's close to)

The huge size of the LX and it's complete lack of justifying features, as well as the dreadful pressure-click switch, and the difficulty it is to carry make it a toy rather then a tool.

My LX was $20 wasted that should have gone towards getting a G2Z.

Al

aso

Enlightened
Saaby

I'll see what I can do. It might be a while, I just migrated to Windows XP and I'm still moving apps around.

What size monitor are you using? resolution?

Saaby

Flashaholic
I am using a laptop with a LCD set at 800 X 600...it's maximum resolution. When I load that graphic alone in the browser window it's about 10 pixels too wide for my screen, but CPF indents it an inch or so...

NO hurry, just thought I'd let you know
smile.gif

Oh...also, it seems to fit on the screen (The whole thing) it's just "blank space" that is screwing it up. Shall I e-mail you a full screenshot?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but Al, people can go to their local Walmart and buy an LX. Here in urban Massachusettes I have to drive some distance to buy any Surefires and the the couple of brick and mortar stores I've visited only carry the very popular Surefires, not the G2.

Yes, if you own a Surefire then you'll be spoiled and think the LX is cumbersome but the majority of people who will ended up buying the LX have never heard of Surefire and they will still be tickled pink because it is as bright, very good value light.

For visitors of this forum yes, I would think a regular G2 at twice the LX price is a better value.

For all the reviewers who keep saying how expensive CR123 batteries are, compare it to it's semi-cousin the lithium AA. They also are expensive in a brick and mortar store and unlike the CR123's, the Eveready lithium AA's don't seem to be discounted much thru mail order.

Saaby

Flashaholic
And you can't buy lithium BAs (For lack of a better name) and hack the container open to find 2 AAs
smile.gif
(Think CR223s)

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing I like about the LX is that when someone borrows it they will be more likely to give it back. I lent someone my E2 recently during a busy setup and I forgot all about it until later when I was unloading the equipment off my belt and noticed the holster was empty
shocked.gif
. He must have put it in his pocket and forgot about it himself. He is not the type of guy to just take it. Luckily I got it back a couple days later. I met him where he was working and traded his paycheck for the E2
wink.gif
. He did seem a bit confused about all this fuss over a flashlight. Jeez... some people.
grin.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for something smaller and close to the same price why not get a Scorpion? I don't have one, but it's smaller than a LX and brighter than an E2. Most places sell them for around $35.

The E2 is a remarkable light, and a great size, I just wish it had more "punch".

Saaby

Flashaholic
<sign> now just waiting for the Arc LS to have a tailswitch as nice as that...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by geepondy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Size15s:
Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes but Al, people can go to their local Walmart and buy an LX. Here in urban Massachusettes I have to drive some distance to buy any Surefires and the the couple of brick and mortar stores I've visited only carry the very popular Surefires, not the G2.

Yes, if you own a Surefire then you'll be spoiled and think the LX is cumbersome but the majority of people who will ended up buying the LX have never heard of Surefire and they will still be tickled pink because it is as bright, very good value light.

For visitors of this forum yes, I would think a regular G2 at twice the LX price is a better value.

For all the reviewers who keep saying how expensive CR123 batteries are, compare it to it's semi-cousin the lithium AA. They also are expensive in a brick and mortar store and unlike the CR123's, the Eveready lithium AA's don't seem to be discounted much thru mail order.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think Al touches on an important point. Most people tend to buy cheaper lights, then aren't satisfied, then keep buying more and more expensive lights until they get what they want. By the time they do this, they've spent multiple times what they would have if they had gone straight for the best product. I know I'm guilty as well, and much poorer because of it.
frown.gif