SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

Cityus88

Newly Enlightened
I have the EB1 backup with the clicky tailcap. I want to get a momentary/twist cap for it. Anyone know where I can get one?
The eb1 tactical tail cap won't work with your light. The tactical version has a different body

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eb1 tactical tail cap won't work with your light. The tactical version has a different body

Are you sure?

I thought the EB1 tactical head and tailcap were different from the clicky but the body was the same.

And, are we talking about the 200 lumen EB1, not the newer 300 lumen model? And, you have the shrouded and unshrouded clickies in the early versions of the light.

I've certainly confused myself on this issue before. :thinking:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Are you sure?

I thought the EB1 tactical head and tailcap were different from the clicky but the body was the same.

And, are we talking about the 200 lumen EB1, not the newer 300 lumen model? And, you have the shrouded and unshrouded clickies in the early versions of the light.

I did some reading here shortly after my first EB1 purchase and saw apparently SureFire set up the light where either the clicky or the twisty could operate it and that the front end allows low/high or high/low.

Cityus88

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure?

Actually you may be correct. Remembering now that I had tested with the E1L-A tailcap and that tailcap only had about half the threading (not enough to make contact) so it may work but will likely have the same result as cycling through the momentary function as the clicky - high - low back to high low.

Cityus88

Newly Enlightened
Re: The SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

8aab43b6dd9bf5b0f2c90680ca07db58.jpg

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

Gotta love that knurling on the E1L in the picture above. :thumbsup: My EB1's and EB2 are just a little too slick in my butterfingered hands.

Some strong resemblance in the CNC machining on those two lights in a couple of places, other areas are totally different.