Surefire: opinions, comments, experience.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put it this way - I got into this hobby in October of 2007, and I've bought and sold quite a few lights since then. I've never sold one of my SureFires. They just build them in such a way that it is hard to find another light that compares in overall feel and usability. They pay so much attention to the human factors - how the light feels in your hand, the grip, the UI. The build quality on SureFire lights is tremendous. Although they are very expensive, they make you feel like you are getting a tool that will provide you a lifetime of service. Not only that, they so conservative in stating their output so that you are never dissappointed when you turn it on for the first time. SureFire definitely has a good strategy to model..

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
- Which charismatic things have these lights inside? Why do they 'catch' the customers?
They have what could be the greatest warranty, and realiability that makes the warranty useless. :naughty:
- Which concrete examples of different technical and constructive ideas do they have?
I belive they were the first to incorperate the use of the P-60 module, and posibly the one that started the trend of CR123A cells in lights (?)
- How seriously are made their led models?
Pretty serious, the only slack thing is that they take so much time to test and design, that by the time they want to release it, it is obsolete. But then again, is that slack, or a good thing.
- Which things give us their ergonomic and design solutions?
:shrug:
- Which models of Surefire do you like: tactical and EDC models?
Personaly, i like their tactical models more than the EDC models. As of right now, i think there are far better EDC lights, for a much better price.
- How many times do you notice the problems with these lights? Can you confirm great lifetime guarantee of Surefire?
I have not noticed any problems with surefire that were not resolved under the warranty for no charge. (might have payed for shipping?) I myself, have neved screwed up a surefire.
- Which things do you expect to see in new models of Surefire?
I expect surefire to do what they were doing years ago. Making products that are ahead of the other brands. I have great faith that this will happen looking at the results of the LX2
- Why many models of Surefire do not have the knurling? Is it comfortable for practical using?
No personal experience on this. However, due to their design, it looks pretty dang comfortable to hold :D
- How they confirm this sentence: "The simplest is more durable."?
Just look at a 6p. It is dead simple to operate and pretty much bomb proof. I bet most members here have a 6p laying around somewhere.
- Will Surefire leave civilian market?
No, surefire would be losing to much money if they walked away from the general market.
- Do you buy these USA flashlights because of patriotism?
No. I will leave it as that.
- Which steps do Surefire a favorite and which steps make them like an outsider?
please rephrase