Surefire Titan T1A Pics & Info

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been playing with the auto shutoff to find where the magic spot is and it's at least half as bright as my RA Clicky on it's lowest factory setting.

I can't see how the shutoff feature would affect anyone. It's so low I can't fathom any use for it.

This of coarse is my personal opinion. :wave:

Thanks for the info on the low shutoff. Can you post a picture of your T1A and Ra Clicky side-by-side? I'm kinda debating between the two. I like the fact that the Ra will soon be offered with the High-CRI Seoul :sssh: but I love the idea of the Titan's user interface (simple and sweet :twothumbs). Which do you prefer of the two for EDC?

Thanks,
Robert

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is just me or the tailcap looks kinda weak, and the spring looks cheap?

Other than that I like the size and simple design.

tygger

Enlightened
I've been playing with the auto shutoff to find where the magic spot is and it's at least half as bright as my RA Clicky on it's lowest factory setting.

I can't see how the shutoff feature would affect anyone. It's so low I can't fathom any use for it.

This of coarse is my personal opinion. :wave:

If so, thats great. According to the manual, the Ra low low factory setting is .33 lumens (120 Clicky). So the Titan auto shutoff point is equal to the lowest setting on the Ra Clicky? Thats pretty darn low.

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Can you post a picture of your T1A and Ra Clicky side-by-side? I'm kinda debating between the two.
Robert

Here you go....

1609df49872540afb4ebfa2c7cad6772

65b18c21b9714dbca03907075d4ea9d4

Which do you prefer of the two for EDC?

Thanks,
Robert

I haven't had the Titan for a day yet but as of now I see it replacing the Clicky as my EDC.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
had a chance to play with P1D shown below. a very nice light, but UI is no where near nice as Titan. note comments are base on original Titan, not T1A.

P1D's UI includes two flashing modes and 3 levels. which has to be cycled thru to find what level light one actually needs. a pita to use, especially in a lowlight situation like a tent. (twist, once for high, twice for turbo, 3 for low, 4 for fast blink, 5 for SOS, then back to high)

vs Titan.. twist to what ever level of light desired instantly.

Surefire could have easily used a design like Larry's for good attachment point and tailstand too.

P1D CE head is lighter and dull. Body is a litter darker and noticeably shiny:
dsc7982w.jpg

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go....

1609df49872540afb4ebfa2c7cad6772

65b18c21b9714dbca03907075d4ea9d4

I haven't had the Titan for a day yet but as of now I see it replacing the Clicky as my EDC.

Thanks for the comparison pics! That really helps a lot. This new T1A Titan is so tempting :drool: Am I correct in assuming that the Titan has a much floodier beam than the Ra?

Thanks,
Robert

Edwood

Enlightened
Looks like a very cool white U bin.

swapping a U2SWOH or U2SVOH would be brighter and warmer.

4000K high cri p4 would appear to work very well with that op reflector.

No kidding. I prefer custom and modified lights because at the $240 mark, a premium binned emitter should be a given.

Grumpy

Enlightened
How many degrees does the ring turn? I am just wondering if you want a quick maximum blast of light can you get it almost instantly?

Phredd

Enlightened
How many degrees does the ring turn? I am just wondering if you want a quick maximum blast of light can you get it almost instantly?

It looks like about 240 degrees. It's not difficult to turn it full blast with one quick turn using two hands.

EDIT: sbebenelli might be right. My method might not be accurate. I put it on my watch and it seemed to go from 12 to 8.

sbebenelli

Enlightened
It looks like about 240 degrees. It's not difficult to turn it full blast with one quick turn using two hands.

EDIT: sbebenelli might be right. My method might not be accurate. I put it on my watch and it seemed to go from 12 to 8.

Mine was an estimate eyeballing it.

tygger

Enlightened
Has anyone tried LiFePO's in the Titan yet? What a shame they didn't make it compatible with rechargeables.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for making this review and providing the nice pics in the first post. I'd like to see a higher resolution photo of the original titanium one side-by-side with a T1A. Will probably pick one of these up eventually. I may be the only one, but I much prefer the older style swivel/lanyard attachment point than the newer style eyelet.

Xanteen

Newly Enlightened
Here's a side-by-side. My Ti Titan is still going strong as my EDC light, btw. Oh, that's a Merkava glow-thingy on there.

3517118029_bbcb390f74.jpg

3517107727_d50043ffbe.jpg