SureFire UDR Dominator - Review, Photos and discussion

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
ads-2f2014-2f11-2fsurefire-udr-dominator-modes-jpg.jpg

it won't maintain max output
true... Sustainable Output is usually much lower than Maximum Output

In this case Sustainable Output seems to be about 30% of Maximum. This is normal.

Attachments

• uploads%2F2014%2F11%2FSureFire-UDR-Dominator-Modes.jpg
    uploads%2F2014%2F11%2FSureFire-UDR-Dominator-Modes.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 55

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fact that they changed the battery to a more capacious one is great, I hope there is 21700 from MoliCel, they have good test results.

More interested in whether the LED was changed there? If it's the same one as it was when you exited, then it sucks. Seems CBT 90? I wrote a letter to them a long time ago and offered to put something more effective, at least Luminus SBT 90.2

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm - Interesting - I wonder if it is "nos" - I thought they stopped production a few years back. Idk - my UDR is awesome.
I also remember that the CBT 90 was marked as discontinued on this chart a few years ago. Apparently there was some reason to produce them again, although all the others on the list (except for high CRI) have a higher efficiency with the same radiation area of 3 * 3 mm and the same housing

Happy for you, I sold mine a long time ago. You still haven't opened the battery to see what they put in now?

Has runtime changed for the better with the new batteries?

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
I am only on the second cycle of the rechargable pack - the first charge felt less - but next cycle i will do a timed test (unofficial and no fancy graphs)