Surefire X300 Ultra

Raptor Factor

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the packaging has anything saying "submersable to 66 feet"? I think Surefire is changing all there ratings to "weatherproof" because I coulda swore this was waterproof when they first put out the specs...

SoSideways

Newly Enlightened
Why did I have to find this thread so close to xmas!... Looks like my wallet is gunna be about $300 lighter

There are quite a few places that are selling the X300 Ultra for closer to $210, rather than near the MSRP of $299.

Zigo45

Newly Enlightened
Ya I saw them on amazon for $260 and figured I could still get it for less, just gotta do some shopping around. Where did you see them for around $210?

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the packaging has anything saying "submersable to 66 feet"? I think Surefire is changing all there ratings to "weatherproof" because I coulda swore this was waterproof when they first put out the specs...

The packaging doesn't say anything about being submersible. It just has the weatherproof icon.

SoSideways

Newly Enlightened
LaRue Tactical has them for like $209 I think. Botach Tactical has them for around that too, although you should buy from them with discretion, since they might not have it in stock, and you won't find out until you've paid them and everything.

Zigo45

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations guys, right now im trying to decide if I wanna get one of these x300 ultras or wait for oveready to get the tripples back in stock. The next batch of tripples they make are gunna be xpg2 leds. That option would be quite a bit more expensive tho.

grnamin

Enlightened
Got an Ultra today. Definitely packs a punch in a small package. I wish Surefire would design it so that the rail attachment bracket can be fully removed to convert the unit to more of a handheld form factor.

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
Got an Ultra today. Definitely packs a punch in a small package. I wish Surefire would design it so that the rail attachment bracket can be fully removed to convert the unit to more of a handheld form factor.

Umm... Ok?

The X300 is a weaponlight. The Fury is the handheld equivalent.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened

Fury Tactical/Defender on a VTAC QD mount. Problem solved.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Umm... Ok?

The X300 is a weaponlight. The Fury is the handheld equivalent.

Not sure I'd call the Fury the equivalent of the X300 Ultra. The Fury is a low end XM-L SF light with a reflector and no spring in the head. The X300 Ultra has a TIR optic and perhaps the same head electronics, looking at the catalog pictures, as the LX2 Lumamax Ultra.

Raptor Factor

Newly Enlightened
They actually had a prototype at SHOT of a Y300 Ultra, basically just a pocket clip version that's interchangeable.

tacdriver22mk2

Newly Enlightened
i think i got one of the new tlr1s' theoretically rated at 300 lumens and i will tell you its about the upper limit for operating in my house between mirrors, white walls, white tiles in the bathroom it defiantly washes out my night vision (not nv just eyes used to darkness)

and it will easily overpower my trijicon rmr if the room is dark and i just turn the light on with no ambiant light to make the auto rmr ramp up a little

so here is my question for running in your house/ tight confined spaces eg car where you might hit the light while presenting on a threat with your window up which do you prefer ultra or regular x300

another fairly nice thing is if i can id a threat i dont have to apply holdover on my tsd combat systems rmr g19 frankengun ~60-80 yds till a 9 starts really dropping off

SoSideways

Newly Enlightened
Yeah at first I wanted the X300 Ultra cause of the 500 lumens, but I have rethought my needs and the reality is that, anything over 200 lumens is too much for my house, and I don't have any plans on kicking doors in to "assault" anyone, so there is no point in getting something that will just work negatively against myself when I go to use it. I ended up getting the Inforce APL at pretty much $100 less than the X300 Ultra, and about $70 cheaper than the regular X300. It has an output of 200 lumens and only weighs 2.8oz with the single CR123 battery in it. The beautiful thing about this light is, it doesn't have a super intense hotspot, so it won't throw super far, but it'll light up most of my house with a well placed actuation of the light, so I'm happy about my purchase.