Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

d13avo

Enlightened
You forget how useful a headlamp is until you forget to pack it in your toolbox :(. It's a good job I had my HDS in my pocket.

IMG_6269_zpsrv0farau.jpg

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Camping/tenting, hiking, rock climbing, hunting, fishing, working(mechanics, electronics, plumbing, carpentry, exc.), dog walking when outside of the city, lighting fireworks, and just about anytime I need light as well as my hands free.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I needed to adjust my snowblower blades and it was dark in the basement when looking for tools. Also just got back from 4 days winter camping so needed to use the headlamp for just about everything during the outing.

Magilla

Newly Enlightened
My headlamp is my most used light. Fishing, camping, hunting and kayaking all see the headlamp taken along. Usually have a small regular torch packed away as a spare but have never needed it.

Boxer4u

Newly Enlightened
I use my new nitecore headlamp for working in the electrical trade. It's amazing how nice it is to have light and work hands free

uofaengr

Enlightened
H600Fd III no doubt my most useful light. Lately have been using it a lot for grilling. Vehicle work, wiring projects, taking the garbage to the road, so many uses.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything. It sits in my pocket. If I really, really need a headlamp I'll tie it on, but it is an all purpose light.

Andre Dumouchel

Newly Enlightened
My First Headlamp was a top of the line (at the time at REI) Petzl MYO XP maybe 6 or 7 years ago for use walking back from watching a Lava flow on the Big Island of Hawaii (also saw use in the back end of the Thurston Lava Tube.

Currently my main use for this older Headlamp is for me to strap it on the head of a 4 year old Grand Daughter or a two year old Grand Son to explore what ever suits their fancy at the Moment, looking for spiders in the Garage (even in the day time) or exploring the back yard and looking under rocks.

My current Headlamp that I am using, I bought last summer at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Longview Washington, a Princeton Tec Apex H20 1m for use exploring a place in Washington called the Ape Cave (just south of Mount St Helens with my oldest Adult Son, his Wife and three kids (different set that the ones mentioned above)

I find myself using the new lamp for everyday kinds of things like moving plants inside to avoid the Rare Frosts that we get here in South Texas, or unloading groceries from my pickup in the night.

Handy for running Critters away from the trashcans too!

I also find myself using it when cleaning/working on computers, the hands free aspect.

vulferius

Newly Enlightened
I use mine for evening dog walks. There are a surprising number of large raccoons in the neighborhood that are rather aggressive so I would rather not be caught off guard by what, at first blush, looks like a cat.

SinagAraw

Newly Enlightened
For biking, night hiking and running and as EDC.

Mmmhh, wondering why EDC? Well, I have JETBEAM H10A which has a detachable headband. A very versatile flashlight.

SirLampsalot

Newly Enlightened
Started off wearing my very modest streamlight 61200 headlamp for the usual stuff- vacuuming, gardenning, doing the dishes, etc. So helpfful! Dirt and grime all the time! Absolutely fell in love. No more flashlights when I dropped popcorn on movie night! :) Since then I've really just started using my headlamp all the time! It's always handy having a light ready for action on my head. Since my wife left, I've been doing night shifts as a security guard for a seniors home. One day it dawned on me- I thought "Hey, why am I walking around, tiring out these old arms, lugging this flashlight up and down all around?" The first night I wore my trusty headlamp to work really changed my life! I don't know where I'd be without it. Really brightened up my life! Oh mercy, no pun intended there, friends!

Greta

Flashaholic
Gentlemen... I've said this on here before but it's always worth repeating. If you want to get your ladies on board with your light habit, get a headlamp and next time you see her painting her toenails, give her the headlamp. Seriously... she will love you FOREVER and you will be GOD from that moment on... trust me... ;)

FYI - I have two headlamps in case the battery dies on one mid-manicure/pedicure. I just switch them out then recharge the batteries later when my nails dry.

SirLampsalot

Newly Enlightened
Oh wow! Gee thanks Greta! I'll keep that in mind. Never did I ever think that my headlamp could brighten up my romantic life too! Way to think outside the box! Great advice on keeping that spare around too!

ven

Flashaholic
My 1st proper head lamp that is not for me:D I just wish i had read it when posted before, might have saved a good dose of:tsk::whoopin:

:laughing: Nice 4500k to get those toes nails jumping out!;)

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm glad I can be of some help - :p

Honestly, I have 4 headlamps. Two Olight wave lights - (when using for manicure/pedicure it is best to lock out the motion sensor or it gets real ugly real quick :eek:oo::laughing:) I also have a 4Sevens Atom with the headlamp kit. I like that one - but oddly the very thing I love about the light itself so much is what makes it not so good for a mani/pedi - it's too bloody! (I use it more for when I go out star gazing with my cameras and need to see where I'm stepping so I don't end up in the pool) A more focused and narrower beam is best. And... y'all are going to find this VERY strange... but my favorite headlamp for mani/pedi use is my old ITP H01 headlamp. It's perfect! :D

Last edited: