Test/Review of Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh (Green)

SAMongoose

Enlightened
https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-...-li-ion-battery-wholesalers-and-manufacturers .... http://mybroadband.co.za/news/energy/125594-tesla-powerwall-confirmed-for-south-africa.html.

Both involved individuals are South African. I read on a weekly basis updates on battles. That is just why I asked. It is not an NCR ICR IMR....etc. story Im interested in... It is how they WILL protect their interests. Like JP Morgan did with N. Tesla (yeah our own Elon musk at the helm). JP is responsible for you paying daily for electricity....that electricity could have been free.....

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Li-ion patent wars have been raging since the dawn of the technology. You can read about them in many popular accounts, e.g. below is an excerpt from Gizmodo's The Knock-Down, Drag-Out Fight Over the Next Generation of Batteries, which is excerpted from Seth Fletcher's book Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy.

--------

Michel Armand is still furious. To Armand, patents "are tearing the community apart." The saga of lithium iron phosphate is a "horror story" of "meanness and greed." "Oh, yeah, of course, he feels very angry," Goodenough said. "Because I must say Michel Armand was the one who recognized that the LiFePO4 was potentially very interesting." ...

"You need to talk to Michel Armand! He's just a broken, broken man. The last time he was here, you know what he said? He said, 'The number-one property of lithium iron phosphate is that it is an excellent catalyst for human greed.'"

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michel Armand is still furious. To Armand, patents "are tearing the community apart." The saga of lithium iron phosphate is a "horror story" of "meanness and greed." "Oh, yeah, of course, he feels very angry," Goodenough said. "Because I must say Michel Armand was the one who recognized that the LiFePO4 was potentially very interesting." ...

"You need to talk to Michel Armand! He's just a broken, broken man. The last time he was here, you know what he said? He said, 'The number-one property of lithium iron phosphate is that it is an excellent catalyst for human greed.'"

Kind of interesting, especially since LiFePO4 never really ended up amounting to much. It IS a great technology in many ways. I actually had a Tenergy LiFePO4 discharge down to around half a volt in a light some time back. I pulled it out, charged it, and ran it series with a known good battery in a light and watched the voltage of both. They tracked each other almost PERFECTLY. So they are certainly tough little buggers! Maybe, much like Beta VCRs, patents are part of what is hurting this technology.

Latest posts