The DEFT EDC is out!

seattlite

Enlightened
In theory yes. Depends on how far back you go though. I let some slip from time to time. I checked yours and I had your gmail account but not the yahoo one so I added that on as well so you should be covered.

How do new/future customers get on the mailing list?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a thought: go out to a driving range at night and take pics of the EDC lighting up the yardage signs. No measuring needed, and the signs are usually white, which would provide a good reflection standard. Thoughts?
Assuming I can get easy access after hours. Otherwise it sounds like an interesting idea.

How do new/future customers get on the mailing list?
Just let me know you want to be added to the email notification list through my contact page. The only thing I really need there is your email address.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Here's a thought: go out to a driving range at night and take pics of the EDC lighting up the yardage signs. No measuring needed, and the signs are usually white, which would provide a good reflection standard. Thoughts?

Thats a great idea! Driving range guys are usually pretty cool, I'm sure they wont have a problem with that.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Guys, just scored a Ti Lenslight TAD gear edition. The light is awesome, I really like it.

Here's a shot for you. DEFT EDC is on the left, LL on the right.

2c781bae.jpg

Um yes, the DEFT EDC destroys the LL in throw. The Ti LL is so cool though the way it focuses from flood to throw. Also has some of the smoothest threads for a Ti light too.

Anywho, thought I'd post a pic. :D

grayhighh

Enlightened
OmgLumens's website says the LR is 60k Lux and the non LR version is 40k Lux. Is 20k Lux a really big difference ? Im trying to get one but don't know which one to get.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
OmgLumens's website says the LR is 60k Lux and the non LR version is 40k Lux. Is 20k Lux a really big difference ? Im trying to get one but don't know which one to get.

Completely depends on your intended purpose. What do you want to use the light for?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

20K lux increase can be a big difference or almost nothing depending on the starting point. The real question is one of percentages. If you have a light that does 2mil lux then a 20k lux increase(1%) will not be perceptible to the human eye. A 20K lux increase over a 40K lux starting point is however a big deal. That's a 50% increase. I can't remember off the top of my head what is the generally accepted percentage increase for the human eye to easily discern but I believe it is around 15%. So yeah 50% is a big deal. Not to mention the fact that along with that increase comes better color rendition.

People around here get excited when a new LED comes out that has an increase of 7%. I have achieved results that far exceed anything the rest of the LED industry has managed thus far. Keep in mind that that 50% increase is over and above what was and is(apart from the LR) the entire lighting industry's most intense light engine. I'm not claiming to have the longest thrower with the edc and edc LR but the actual light engine's light density is the best on planet earth. This is what allows these relatively tiny lights to have such incredibly good throw. Put any other light engine in a light the same size as mine and you would see a decrease in performance.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Completely depends on your intended purpose. What do you want to use the light for?

I live in the city, and rarely go to the wild. This light for me is useless. With so many people saying how good the light is plus i don't have a thrower yet, i decide to give it a try. Just simply can't decide if i should spend an extra $100 for this light.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
I live in the city, and rarely go to the wild. This light for me is useless. With so many people saying how good the light is plus i don't have a thrower yet, i decide to give it a try. Just simply can't decide if i should spend an extra $100 for this light.

Unless you're the kind of guy that buys last year's computer model (and that's ok, I'm just trying to provide an analogy) to save $100, I would go with the edc-LR. I have several other throwers, and the neutral tint of the edc-LR makes a huge difference in color rendering. Just my $0.02.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Unless you're the kind of guy that buys last year's computer model (and that's ok, I'm just trying to provide an analogy) to save $100, I would go with the edc-LR. I have several other throwers, and the neutral tint of the edc-LR makes a huge difference in color rendering. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the advise. I'll go for the LR version.

Saabluster : I tried to sent you e-mail, but never replied. Can you please check if you receive my e-mail. Thanks !

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a follow-up of my previous question from another thread regarding DEFT-edc with CR123A and/or RCR123A compatibilities; when can it be expected?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saabluster

Don't really want to wait for 6 months for the short EDC LR

So i have paid TNC products to custom machine the 18350 titanium host that will take a p60 pill. I am hoping to ask him to send it to you to have the EDC LR engine And aspherical lens fitted at 299.

Is that ok. How long will it take to mod this host ? You can then send it back to him.

Mohan

Parker VH

Enlightened
Just received my EDC LR. It is awesome! A great compliment to my original DEFT HO. If you're debating on one of these all I can say is buy it!!! As usual another great product from OMG Lumens. Can't wait to see what Michael has for us next.

yifu

Enlightened
Wow, just saw the new DEFT EDC LR+ lights on the website! 72k Cd! And cheaper than the original DEFT EDC LR! But i think i'll skip this one, i think what me and a lot of people are waiting for is the return of the DEFT with LR technology at the price point of the FTP version and with 200k lux.