The DEFT EDC is out!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
As a matter of fact I can and have built one with a green LED already. I have some more green LEDs so I can make another. I really do think the DEFT-edc is the ideal gun light it is just a matter of enough people knowing my lights exist. I think you have my email address and you are welcome to forward that on to him so he can get in touch with me.

Awesome, thanks Michael!! I'll just have him EM you, his name is Tim, not sure if he was serious or just blowing smoke. ;)

Last edited:

seattlite

Enlightened
Does one order the DEFT-EDC from the website or via email or PM? Also, any of the parts of the light SF compatible? Can I use a C-series typical? Any pocket clips work with the DEFT-EDC?

samuraishot

Enlightened
Does one order the DEFT-EDC from the website or via email or PM? Also, any of the parts of the light SF compatible? Can I use a C-series typical? Any pocket clips work with the DEFT-EDC?

There's a link from the website that leads to the store where it can be purchased. There's also the option to send in a 6P sized Surefire light for a custom installation of the light engine. I've done it to my C2 and it was well worth it!

seattlite

Enlightened
There's a link from the website that leads to the store where it can be purchased. There's also the option to send in a 6P sized Surefire light for a custom installation of the light engine. I've done it to my C2 and it was well worth it!

Is the head just modded, thus legoable with other SF parts? Web store shows the DEFT-EDC is out of stock.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does one order the DEFT-EDC from the website or via email or PM? Also, any of the parts of the light SF compatible?
The website is fine unless you have something else you want that is not up there like a red or green LED version. I have had one customer say they could not get their Surefire tapeswitch to work with the DEFT-edc but I ordered an off brand one that was supposedly designed for Surefire and it works beautifully. The tailthreads at least should be Surefire compatible. Haven't tested the head yet but can if you want me to. Better to just have me mod your favorite P60 light instead.

Can I use a C-series typical?
Not sure what your are asking. Sorry.

Any pocket clips work with the DEFT-EDC?
I haven't looked into it yet.

Is the head just modded, thus legoable with other SF parts? Web store shows the DEFT-EDC is out of stock.

The body and the head are modded and tuned to fit as a unit. The DEFT-edc is "out of stock" because I am about to release an updated version. I am working to get at least a small batch out this week. This will not be evolutionary as much as revolutionary. Same basic body with some differences but major performance improvements.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
PoliceScannerMan, can you say more about your experience hunting hogs with this light? That's exactly what I want it for.

I really cant say, we were only there for 45 min of darkness before the sun came up. I am not much of a hunter, but it threw the beam all the way down the road. If you are picking off hogs from a distance, you cant go wrong here!

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of performance difference can we expect from the New Deft EDC?

Thanks,

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of performance difference can we expect from the New Deft EDC?

Thanks,
Well since the light is the same size as the existing DEFT-edc you can't expect the performance of the larger DEFT. That said my technology creates an LED with performance that otherwise wouldn't exist for many years to come. This is not like going from an R2 to an R3 like normal flashlight companies. More like going from an R2 to S4 but without increasing die size! But that is hardly the end of the story on improvements. More info to come when I start a thread for this new light.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be starting a thread on it soon. I am just trying to gather information at this very moment like beamshots and such. Purchasing will actually happen on my site as the constant emailing back and forth like I used to have to do to finish the deal was a pain. As I have done for some time a notice will be sent out (once the first batch is done) to those on my email notification list first and then here.

samuraishot

Enlightened
Hi saabluster! Are past customers automatically already on your mailing list or do we need to sign up to be on it?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi saabluster! Are past customers automatically already on your mailing list or do we need to sign up to be on it?
In theory yes. Depends on how far back you go though. I let some slip from time to time. I checked yours and I had your gmail account but not the yahoo one so I added that on as well so you should be covered.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
I am just trying to gather information at this very moment like beamshots and such.

Here's a thought: go out to a driving range at night and take pics of the EDC lighting up the yardage signs. No measuring needed, and the signs are usually white, which would provide a good reflection standard. Thoughts?