The EOS (Concept & Photos of a Prototype) - Titan Slayer?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks for the tritium links... that's very helpful. We'll see what we can do... anybody know the 23x3mm vials... that seems a pretty large surface... how easily can those break if something sharp would it the surface of such a vial (if being recessed in a grove)?

I think if the vial was nestled in a groove and covered with clear
epoxy resin it would be almost impossible to break it.

Don (McGizmo) uses Norland 61 and has also recently recommended Solartec
(I think)

jcompton

Enlightened
I think if the vial was nestled in a groove and covered with clear
epoxy resin it would be almost impossible to break it.

Don (McGizmo) uses Norland 61 and has also recently recommended Solartec
(I think)

..."Solarez Fiberfill UV-Cure Epoxy Resin" That's off the tube I have been using.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now if they would make tritium rings...one could place them between the bars and the optics in the GatLights... or here is the ultimate tritium idea...(I don't know how thick those are) one could glue 12 tritium sticks onto the back side of the bars that would illuminate either the carbon fiber... or even the optics... somewhat expensive though.

iconoclast

Enlightened
Although I've never seen a tritium ring, they do make bent arcs, and multiple bent arcs of the appropriate size could approximate a ring pretty well.

iconoclast

Enlightened
Now I have pictures in my head of making trit rings out of 4 or 8 pieces (either 90 or 45 degree arcs each) but alternating colors between sections...

I'm going to have to drag out my calipers and my gatlight when I get home. (Especially since I'm lacking access to any engineering samples of the EOS :p )

Hey Bart, what sort of minimum purchase quantity would you guess would be needed if a group of folks wanted to attempt such a thing?

iconoclast

Enlightened
By the way, I have to admit that at first I was not thrilled with the bejeweled version suggested at the top of this thread, and was following mostly for indications of a no-bling ti variant. But since that time, I've discovered that the sparkly version would actually make a perfect gift for a couple of people I know. So now I find that I'm waiting for one of each!

rusky

Newly Enlightened
I too would like to see the progress on this light and would be interested in both variants of the light.

Keep up the good work.
:)

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Regarding the stones: Well we'll have 2 versions - one with / one without.. question is AL or TI for the non stone version... price difference is probably around $200 for the AL and $300+ for the TI.

How about an emerald option? :naughty:

Balcony12

Newly Enlightened
How about a ring of more smaller sapphires closer to the edge of the bezel, with tritium embedded below them. A sapphire gitd o-ring so to speak:sssh:. Not practical, but I can dream can't I:shrug:

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Any updates on this light? I can't wait to see the finished product. I hope you guys are going to add trits too.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to know if this is getting close to production too. It looks to be a fantastic light and I want to get one.

Snow

Enlightened
I like everything about it. The stones are a nice touch and make it distinct from other lights. I like companies that push the envelope and try to make their products have something a little extra. IMHO, both the EOS and the gatlight have an artwork quality about them that makes them more than a simple flashlight.

Latest posts