The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Thanks, Captain, for taking over the job. I see now that the threads have been merged/recreated into part 2, your updated version of the list is buried at post 836. I would advise moving that info over to post 1, if possible, unless you are trying to preserve the results from the RichS era. Also, the information from post 694 should probably be reiterated in the first post. Thanks again. :twothumbs

I mistakenly thought that my above post was going to be the start of a fresh thread with links to the old one. I have now updated the first post to show the current data and added a section with the post 694 info. We can add any other rules that may develop along the way there! Thanks AlphaZen!

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Anyone notice that starting on page 6 post #151 through page 9 post #250 the posts are all doubled?

I think someone just made a mistake. This was supposed to be a new thread with a link to the old one, but it looks like it's acually a double post thread.
I'm sure it will get fixed quickly.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
This is correctly the new thread as it will be going forward. DM51 did copy over the posts from the old thread and I'll bet that's what caused the duplicates Bondr is referring to.

Just to be clear though, this thread is now completely up to date and the very first post (even though it shows an older post date) is completely accurate and will be updated as close to daily as I can. The stats and counts are good but I need to add some other information regarding rules and decisions to the first post in the morning...

Go ahead and nominate though without fear of votes being lost, I got your back. :thumbsup:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to add one additional vote please. I've only voted for 4 lights so I'm still within the limits.

I've always had a much smaller personal carry light, such as the LD01, Aeon, CR2 Mini, etc., but none of them was truly a must-have for me. But not long ago I got a Preon Revo SS with a neutral tint. This thing is just perfect for pocket carry, and I have it on me everyday. They just seemed to do just about everything perfect on this little light. The knurling is great, it is super compact for pocket carry, the SS is thin enough to not be heavy, but still very strong, the UI is super simple, and the levels are extremely useful. Enough said.

Please add one vote for the Preon Revo! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Please remove my vote for the Dereelight C2H. Now that I have more contrast I no longer feel it is a "Must Have" light.

Also, I would like to add a vote for the Fenix E05. I wouldn't think of selling it, but if I were to lose it I would certainly buy another. I'm lovin' this little light. It has a buttery smooth floody beam and a perfect output level with a refreshing single mode twisty. And it's so small it disappears in your pocket or on your keychain.

SolemnSight

Banned
4sevens quark regular 123^2
i think this flashlight to be unique in it's quality of beam, big hot spot and bright (xp-g r5)
thanks

oh, and it's nice and compact

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
I weight my lights on tactical performance.
So, for the time being, my special upgraded Sunwayman T20C wins the contest.
My workhorse is the Fenix TK35 best lumens for the buck.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'll say a SF 6P. I have other lights that I like better, but it's such a classic and I don't need to say anything about it's hosting capabilities. I think any flashaholic should own one at least once in their life.

Kletsou

Newly Enlightened
First decent flashlight I had as a cop was the Maglite 3D with LED drop in – all the others was "just flashlights" but this one impressed me and showed that you can have a good flashlight that is durable, provide good light with decent runtimes!

Then followed a Surefire 6P – later with the Malkoff M61 drop-in – what a flashlight at that stage and it paved the way to todays lights!

I have the following EDCs and recommend any one depending on your requirements:

Nitecore D11.2
Fenix LD01
Fenix LD15

At the end of the day if I must chose for "must have" currently it will be:

1. Olight SR51 – search and light up the place
2. Zebraligth SC600 – "all rounder"
3. Fenix LD01 – EDC (in the land of the blind the one eye is king...)

Chidwack

Enlightened
Although I'm new here and to good quality flashlights, I now feel that I have enought experience with these lights that I know that I wouldn't want to be without them.

Olight M20 (actually M20s but I think it goes under M20)

4Sevens Quark AA2 Tactical

Others that I have I could live without.

jcalvert

Enlightened
I sure wish I had the opportunity to try every stock & custom light ever light made in recent years, but with only a year of experience, these are my favorites categorized "users" to date:

1. Keychain - Princeton Tec Impulse (always reliable & very handy)
2. Small EDC - 4/7s Preon Revo & 4/7s Quark Mini AA Neutral (based on what I'm wearing & where I'm going)
3. Large EDC - Klarus NT20 (easily my most versatile & best UI)
4. Midsize Outdoor - Surefire Bored C2-HA Millenium w/ E-Rock's Triple XPG-R2 Neutral drop-in (incredible mid/high-CRI beam)
5. Midsize Indoor - Surefire Bored Z2/Cryos w/ NB XM-L T6 (lens diffusion film for room-filling light)
6. Mid/Large Outdoor Flood - Malkoff Wildcat/MD3 v2 Cool
7. Mid/Large Outdoor Thrower - Malkoff HoundDog/MD3 XM-L
8. Mid/Large Outdoor Spot Thrower - Tiablo A10G
9. Glovebox/Traveling - EagleTac T20C2 MKII XM-L/XPG-R4 (mine), EagleTac P20C2 MKII (wife's), both are versatile, especially w/ red diffuser used w/ beacon for emergencies!
10. Family/Household - Malkoff MD3/M91 w/ switch ring (replaced stock Mags as "GoTo" light for ease of use and reliability for non-flashoholics)
11. 12yo Son - Klarus NT20 (his own)
12. 10yo Daughter - 1st one she can grab and somehow misplace!

For the sake of this vote, if I had to choose just one, considering versatility & size as being most important to me, I would have to choose the Klarus NT20. Again, I love its UI, it has a 1lumen low with a fairly strong, balanced high beam w/ plenty of spill. I hope that Klarus eventually brings out a neutral XM-L of the NT20.

I am looking forward to trialing the Zebralight S600 neutral and the EagleTac "D" series due out soon and anything Gene Malkoff develops.

Thinking of my "must haves" was a lot of fun! Thanks to "RichS" and Captain Spaulding for maintaining this thread and of course to CPF for making it possible! :wave:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Yikes! Missed some posts for some reason... Catching up now!

Oh, btw John, not sure what you want me to count there... You can vote for up to 7. There are no categories though, just "Must Have's"... Want to re-post just 7 "Must Have's" of any category? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Caught up through post 857. Ill wait for your clarification John!

First decent flashlight I had as a cop was the Maglite 3D with LED drop in – all the others was "just flashlights" but this one impressed me and showed that you can have a good flashlight that is durable, provide good light with decent runtimes!

Then followed a Surefire 6P – later with the Malkoff M61 drop-in – what a flashlight at that stage and it paved the way to todays lights!

I have the following EDCs and recommend any one depending on your requirements:

Nitecore D11.2
Fenix LD01
Fenix LD15

At the end of the day if I must chose for "must have" currently it will be:

1. Olight SR51 – search and light up the place
2. Zebraligth SC600 – "all rounder"
3. Fenix LD01 – EDC (in the land of the blind the one eye is king...)

I just counted the last three for you... It seemed like you were just reminiscing about the others lol. Let me know if you want those counted to.

uknewbie

Banned
I can't believe how few votes there have been for the Zebralight SC51, SC60 and SC600.

Three fantastic versatile little lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.