The GatLight is born (formerly known as Gatling Light)

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, tungsten carbide like the rado watches :)
Scratchproof but nearly unmachinable ...

Stainless is good enough for me. Cheers

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some creative materials - isn't Tungsten almost black and really heavy? One of the reason why in the last run Titanium was so expensive is because it's so hard to machine - so Tungsten is probably multiple time more then TI...

We still need to do some tests with Alluminum - but I think the next cpf run we'll probably offer Alluminum (123), Stainless (123), Stainless (PILA). I'll email the details for sign up to everyone who sent me an email to mobile1 at gmx .ch - in the next couple of days. (I'll send the email to everyone in the first run as well).

Regarding the Titanium versions - we need to get some quotes for that - but it's likely to be in the $400 range (sorry but the price of TI went through the roof with the war and Boeing and Airbus needing lots of it for their large jets (according to McGizmo))

Regarding optical rods - would love such an idea, but they wouldn't be strong enough. Especially for the PILA version, we probably can't even use Alluminum for the PILA.

alauda

Enlightened
Just to let you know everything arrived beautifully packaged in rainy UK. Superb workmanship. Really delighted to have been privvy to the first run. Thanx

Have a quick question though. Are the R123 supplied are protected? If not at what discharge voltage are they ruined?

LouRoy

Enlightened
Walter,

My Gatlight just arrived today. It is a stunning feat of engineering. It is more a work of art than a flashlight. :goodjob: :bow: :bow:

You should be quite proud of such a creation. Thanks for bringing this to us!

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some thoughts from #13: :wow: :huh: :) :sssh: :nana: :grin2: :goodjob: :thanks: :wave:

Mr. Tesla is speechless.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Walter...

My second Gatlight arrived safely today.

Once again, a beautiful piece of art.

Thank you!

:)

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been running this light for a while and it is smoother operating than a swiss watch. Does not get hot or dim. Neat.
smile.gif

OWTBD-DSCN3995.JPG

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nikola Tesla - nice photo..... my watch is an Omega as well. The number of parts in the GatLight is pretty close to the number of parts you find in your average Swiss watch.... (not the fancy ones though)

Since all the lights have shipped - we have opened sign up for round two.
All information regarding GATLIGHT SIGN UP ROUND 2 is HERE - and it probably makes sense if we move all GatLight discussions over there.

We have lots to discuss there - like what anodize you all would like to see on the Aluminum version of the GatLight....
Also feel free to post pictures, photos in that thread (or upload them to the ftp I provided in the GatLight manua - for your chance to win a ROUND 3 GATLIGHT...for the best photo)

Last edited: