The Klarus XT11 Thread

jhoppes1

Newly Enlightened
Update, after multiple times inspecting the tail switch it turns out that it was a bad solder joint on the mode switch.thanks everyone for the help.and yes i carry the xt11 in front right pocket, never a problem unless i need to lay on my right side.

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
Is that problem with the grip-ring over? Read that some people got theirs broken straight out of the box, and some where broken with the first bump..

This has probably been covered elsewhere, but in the spirit of collaboration...

I actually just got my metal grip ring from GoingGear. I emailed the people in China and they said to reach out to dealers. I bought mine from GoingGear and after contacting them and verifying my purchase, they sent the new metal ring right out. It's great.

g.m.

karl

Newly Enlightened
Is the xt11 pocketable? R u able to basically EDC it perhaps in your front pocket?

I can get mine in my Jeans alongside my HTC One X phone (not a small phone by any means). Could keep it in there all day without much issue. When I'm sitting down, I take it out because it's a bit more noticeable then.
I'm 5 foot 7 (so not massively tall) so I don't have massive pockets either. Though I definitely wouldn't put it next to my phone in my pocket without my phone in its protective leather case.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that problem with the grip-ring over? Read that some people got theirs broken straight out of the box, and some where broken with the first bump..

I started the original thread on this whole issue but it got so nasty with some members saying that those members who had discovered broken tactical rings must have abused them somehow.

It sunk to the depths of name calling so one of the mods closed it but this thread survived from the shootout.

The problem is all over with once you contact the correct Klarus Department that is responsible for supplying a new "METAL" tactical ring.

For those that don't know already some of the the early batches of the XT11 were shipped with a thin crappy bit of plastic that was supposed to serve as a cigar grip or tactical ring but it broke so easily that some users found their tactical ring broken when it came out of the box!

Send an email to the address below and tell them that you have a broken one and they will let you know where your closest dealer is located so that you can contact them and have a new metal tactical ring sent out to you.

http://[email protected]

If you bought your light from a dealer online and there is no dealer in the area that you live in Klarus will send one out to you directly.

My replacement metal ring was sent to me from a dealer locally here in Australia.

The new ring has worked properly without problems for about a year or more now as it should have been in the first place.

CHEERS

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Yeah, I think they had a bad batch or something. Mine was plastic too, but never broke, even when thrown off scaffolds, etc. Probably a supplier changed the plastic from ABS to something else, etc.

My XT20 came with a metal ring, and its the same ring essentially.

I love my XT11, its been a tough sumna beetch.

I do carry it in my front pant pocket too.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the xt11 pocketable? R u able to basically EDC it perhaps in your front pocket?

The Klarus XT11 was never meant to be "front pocket friendly" as it was designed for a tactical role.

It could never be a "real" EDC unless you don't carry it in your pockets and carry it in a bag, tool kit or briefcase etc.

An EDC it ain't!

My idea of an EDC is mostly any compact light that uses,

1 x AAA.

1 x AA.

Or even 1 x Primary CR123 or 1 x 16340 (Li-ion
rechargeable).

I can put it in the back pocket of my jeans and it is "reasonably comfortable" but you know it is there for sure.

It is still a great light (probably a bit ahead of it's time) and "looks really stylish" and has "a beautiful beam tint sporting a good beam profile as well".

It will be "retired very soon" and put into the "archival area" of my room to take "pride of place" amongst the other lights that finish life as "Shelf Queens" even though my XT11 has seen "plenty of Active Duty".

"The new kid on the block" in my Man Bag lately is a "Black Skyray King" from the latest batch of well made ones using the U2 LED and having improved beam characteristics that make it throw further.

It also has puts out more lumens as I can see by doing a short ceiling bounce test.

The King throws out a "WALL OF LIGHT" that does what the XT11 could and so much more in a shorter stubby design.

CHEERS

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I think they had a bad batch or something. Mine was plastic too, but never broke, even when thrown off scaffolds, etc. Probably a supplier changed the plastic from ABS to something else, etc.

My XT20 came with a metal ring, and its the same ring essentially.

I love my XT11, its been a tough sumna beetch.

I do carry it in my front pant pocket too.

I did not say that the XT11 "could not be carried in your front pocket" but BOY you are "asking for trouble in carrying it like that" as it could get very awkward when sitting down or bending over even if the light laid down horizontally in your pocket.

I would be worried all the time about the "Family Jewels" if I carried it that way.

Klarus certainly did make a "really bad batch" if only confined to just one batch.

Using the "crappy thin piece of plastic" to make it out of was just "asking for trouble" as the new replacement metal ones are the same shape but much "stronger".

I would guess that "after the early batches had run" out Klarus would have "changed" the plastic ones to the "durable metal tactical rings".

If I bought or looked at a later release of the XT11s I think I would find the "metal version" being used to save Klarus and their customers any more "time and heartache" over this issue.

CHEERS

Last edited: