The longest throwing LED flashlight in the world (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats ok... I"m pretty far down the list.. its possible it could be a while unless other folks ahead decide they are not ready to by right now when it comes up again.

just make sure you give us some good reviews when you get yours!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Michael, I updated a note with photos of all three models I have on that review. This new R2 on far right is totally different than the original one. While to the eye, it is not as white as the Q5, it is much more powerful and yellow/white in output and rivals the Q5.

It is now more obvious what Michael has been saying about his new R2. I would have to interchange the lenses to see how much of the pink/brownish hue to the old R2 is from the LED itself, or an older lens version.

People waiting for new models should be quite happy with an improvement like this. Really great work, Saabluster.

Deathdealer

Newly Enlightened
LOL its my gaming name that I have always used, and Thanks for putting me on the list.

wquiles

Flashaholic
The name comes from the Underworld movies, which tales a battle between Vampires and Lycans (werevolves). The Deathdealers are the specially trained vampires that hunt and kill Lycans ;)

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
So who's the bad buy, the werewolves or the Vampires.. or the "trained" vampires?... are there "trained" werewolves or are they all just stupid?

DanguS

Newly Enlightened
hi saab,

i am also interested in one of these, but would like a warm tint (3000k-4500k) like the mce one pictured on the right. how long is the waiting line?

ironmang

Newly Enlightened
hi saabluster - any update on when the next batch is getting shipped ? ;)

also a quick question, have you considered adding any additional modes ? -- hi / lo probably wouldn't be that useful, but SOS strobe could be, esp given the throw of this bad boy!

Thanks!!

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I"ve seen optical lights that look quite impressive with glow paint painted on the inside of the bezel between the lens and the emitter.

This has a big enough lens, I'm sure it would be quite dazzling..... do you see any problems with such an idea?

I have a question about heat at that link, but no answer yet.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi saab,

i am also interested in one of these, but would like a warm tint (3000k-4500k) like the mce one pictured on the right. how long is the waiting line?
I will add you. The interest list is long and you are at the bottom but you may be able to get on if people above you aren't able to pay at the moment I open up spots. Thanks, Michael

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi saabluster - any update on when the next batch is getting shipped ? ;)

also a quick question, have you considered adding any additional modes ? -- hi / lo probably wouldn't be that useful, but SOS strobe could be, esp given the throw of this bad boy!

Thanks!!
Trying to get the next batch finished by tomorrow. I have considered a multi-mode driver but concluded it was not terribly necessary with a light like this. If you need this light it is because you need to see far and if you need to see far you can use all the light you can get. That said I could probably work up a multi-mode driver for it if someone wanted to pay for it. I am trying to steer away from doing anything outside of the box right now though to help us move lights as anytime you change something it takes way longer to make it.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I"ve seen optical lights that look quite impressive with glow paint painted on the inside of the bezel between the lens and the emitter.

This has a big enough lens, I'm sure it would be quite dazzling..... do you see any problems with such an idea?

I have a question about heat at that link, but no answer yet.
I have some glow paint but would not trust it painted inside the head. I think it would start to flake off. The DEFT already has the pill and lens spacer impregnated with glow powder. You are of course welcome to mod your own DEFT.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished the next five lights. They are for sancho886, torcher, HanzoTheFlashlight, ironmang, and mendhammarsh. I should have them in the mail next Monday as they still need packed. Will hopefully have more done at the end of next week. The next group is just waiting on bezels to be done coating. Thanks, Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.