The longest throwing LED flashlight in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holzleim

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick measurement.

These values seem to match each other:

Assumed the TiabloA9 is around 20000 LUX/1m you get 8*20000 LUX/1m = 160000 LUX/1m for your Super-Thrower.

Calculating from the 7 LUX/150m (492') you get 7*150*150 = 157500 LUX/1m.

Really impressive result!!!! :whistle:

Nos

Enlightened
:eek::eek: 157500 LUX/1m :eek::eek: ouch

did i get the formula right, if i have a light with 10000 lux@10m
lux@1m are 10000x10x10 = 1mil ? :confused:

any updates on the hard/ar coating?

*edit* this smiley just looks tooo stupid :stupid::lolsign:

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just went outside to do a few tests with the DEFT when I noticed a fairly low cloud floating by. So naturally I had to see if I could hit it with my light. As I lifted the light up there suddenly was the outline of a Cree die on the bottom of the cloud. Very cool.

By the way LuxLuthor does this count? :tinfoil:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with the base light. Does it use a battery holder for the cells? I guess it's 4 cells in series? Also could you post a daylight photo of the carbon bezel?

Thanks,
-LT

smopoim86

Enlightened
Hmm, I would be in for r2 with cf bezel and diffuser, and maybe the 5a dropin once i can afford it.

I must say I'm really rather impressed by the prices. Most custom work seems to be much more expensive. It's nice to see high quality work that I can afford.

Thanks

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say I'm really rather impressed by the prices. Most custom work seems to be much more expensive. It's nice to see high quality work that I can afford.

Thanks
Thanks. I believe in being as fair as I can. Its the way I ran my last business. To a fault. Keep in mind the DEFT is based on a very cheap light, so as far as the body goes its no McGizmo. I have had to swallow the cost of lights that I just can't sell because they arrive damaged or have manufacturing mistakes in them. Out of 60 I bought 16 were unsellable.

Trust me I know what it is like not being able to afford some of the amazing customs here on this site. Some of what I have coming will be more expensive but that is only because of the fact that I will have to build the bodies myself.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with the base light. Does it use a battery holder for the cells? I guess it's 4 cells in series? Also could you post a daylight photo of the carbon bezel?

Thanks,
-LT
Yes it comes with a 4AA battery holder in series. I'll get more pics of the CF bezel as soon as I can.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of what I have coming will be more expensive but that is only because of the fact that I will have to build the bodies myself.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your custom made lights!!:thumbsup::twothumbs:naughty:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, that cloud shot definitely counts! Sorry to hear about having to reject 16 lights. Sounds like Mr. Murphy is still alive. Don't lose money doing these, despite everyone appreciating your low prices. :thumbsup:

d1dd1

Enlightened
Wow great light !!

Yes it comes with a 4AA battery holder in series. I'll get more pics of the CF bezel as soon as I can.

So would it also work with a KD Lithium D Cell ??
I think it should fit in the body !?!

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow great light !!

It would probably fit....not sure but Saabluster could probably verify...BUT the cells that he is recomeding are Energizer e2 Lithiums....which are 1.5v each...

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow great light !!

The KD's are too long to fit. There would have to be some changes to allow the use of D cells. It is something I've considered and may do sometime in the future. My plan is to make an extender to allow for two D cells and an adapter that slides into the light to allow the positive and negative points to work with them. The intent is to allow the use of 2 D cells without having to buy a whole new light. Just buy the extender and adapter. I will need a lathe before I can get to that however. I'm looking for one now.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad the Kai D cells don't work. I was thinking of trying this out myelf. Then how about the AW C cells for length? A nice piece of PVC or something can make it fit snugly in width. Just curious what my own options are once I get one. There's nothing wrong at all with 4AAs.

By the way after some consideration I don't think I'll be able to get away without buying a diffuser. :broke: Oh well it's only money.

Thanks again for offering this to us in the first place, your time, and your communication.
:twothumbs

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your handy you could work something up to make a C cell fit but I don't know why you would want to. 4 e2 lithiums will have more run time and allow it to be in regulation. 1 L-ion does not keep the voltage in the range the drivers need for regulation. Not to mention the stock battery holder will allow you to use easily obtainable AA cells.
Too bad the Kai D cells don't work. I was thinking of trying this out myelf. Then how about the AW C cells for length? A nice piece of PVC or something can make it fit snugly in width. Just curious what my own options are once I get one. There's nothing wrong at all with 4AAs.

By the way after some consideration I don't think I'll be able to get away without buying a diffuser. :broke: Oh well it's only money.

Thanks again for offering this to us in the first place, your time, and your communication.
:twothumbs

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your handy you could work something up to make a C cell fit but I don't know why you would want to. 4 e2 lithiums will have more run time and allow it to be in regulation. 1 L-ion does not keep the voltage in the range the drivers need for regulation. Not to mention the stock battery holder will allow you to use easily obtainable AA cells.
That is one of the features of this set-up that is so great. I have so many lights that use rechargeables and it is great to have one that is this bright and get the batts at the store!!!:grin2:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's simply the joy of seeing what can be done. And I'm not rich enough to use L91's for anything but emergency light purposes. I stick with my eneloops. 3Ah should come pretty close to 4 bucked eneloops right?
I'm not one who is familiar with the drivers so I would have assumed a single Li-Ion would be able to power the LED here. Though idk what the VF of the various Cree LEDs there will be when driving it that hard.
:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts