• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2021

Most TIR lights are arranged in multiple optic arrays, but I guess you mean huge optic arrays. The largest I know of off the top of my head is the D4S. Weight quickly becomes an issue when you start packing so many large ones together.

One cool light with two huge reflectors in an array is the Maxtoch Owl Eyes W2. Seeing that thing with two SBT90.2s would be cool.
Yes, I meant the same type of TIR optic that exists in the MK37, MC13, CatapultMini, E10 etc. The new age giant optics lol.

In other words can there be a multi-well TIR in the style of say, the TN40/GT94? Instead of reflectors, just 3, 4, or 5 giant overlapping optics?

And what happens if you make the optic even bigger than the MK37, say, 100mm or 120mm? Diminishing returns? Exact same effect?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
What camera do you currently have?

I don't have many people to talk cameras with so I gotta take my opportunity when given. ha
I used to heavily follow the industry and was all about the latest and greatest gear.... then in '16 or '17 we showed up to a family photo shoot where the photographer pulled out something like an old school Nikon 300 or 400. The photos turned out some of the best colors I've seen of us. I don't know the lens and etc but since then I've had a different mindset on gear.

SKV89

Enlightened
Vinh have you looked at the new Nichia B35AM? Convoy is selling the 4500k 9080 version on his Ali page. It is basically 4xE21A packed together so it is ultra high cri and likely good tint.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to unpin a thread?
Yes. Log in to the Administrator Control Panel, click the thread, then slide the Sticky Topic slider to the desired position. This works great if you have ACP access on the official forum for the worlds best paid anti virus product. I don't know if this works on this forum, but it's worth a try.

Click thumbnail to make bigger, then click the image again for biggerest.

unpin.png

SKV89

Enlightened
Just found out Clemence is selling a variety of these Nichia B35 9080 and he has killer high performance mcpcb (16mm and 20mm) for these. They come in 6v or 12v. Vinh can you mod some Olight Perun, Baton, and Warrior Mini with these? Would be so nice to use these ultra high CRI emitters with the ultra high efficiency Olight drivers. I would definitely buy some.
fghmrth.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If only I could get a B35AM in a Zebralight.
Let me know exactly which LED you guys want me to order to test?

I am bout to break the damn glass on a Zebralight to put one in if I have to! I am just worried about hurting the reflector in the process hahahah

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the majority of us would want the R9080 variants of the B35AM in CCTs anywhere from 4000k to 5000k.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be SM403, SM453, SM503, all in R9080.

Looks like the eurekatronix site only has them in 12v.

scintillator

Enlightened
take a dremel and bur and carve out a notch just below the bezel so you can get a lever tool in there and pop off the bezel.It does mar the light but if you are careful you can make it look good.

Attachments

• zebra-mod.jpg
    zebra-mod.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 125

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
take a dremel and bur and carve out a notch just below the bezel so you can get a lever tool in there and pop off the bezel.It does mar the light but if you are careful you can make it look good.
No no no. My customer would hang me LOL