• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2022

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
image0 2.jpeg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
519a are likely the best HCRI LEDs so far
Yet...Samsung 351 4000K still yield that large define filled hot spot both with reflectors and optics like nothing else
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 12.28.27 PM.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Anyone able to get ahold of Greta or any Admin? I have messaged Greta but have not gotten a reply.
I would like all my posts to be unpinned.
Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
July 27, 2022 Sky Lumen Newsletter

Hello all,

Would you like to try a FREE tincture of 2000mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil from Mons Pura? It's valued $119 with free shipping! You just need to provide some honest feedbacks after a month of use. Send me an email and I will give you enrollment details. Its super easy! This stuff really helps me with sleep and occasional headaches. I love it!

[email protected]

Now lets talk lights:

Been carrying the XT3vn for a while now and I can say its one of the best triple clicky EDC. Pretty classic design done right. Triple 5700K Dedome is a nice balance of neutral HCRI for me. A polished is a must.

Olight PerunVN 2 Orange for with 50.2 3000K HCR. Excellent light and value with a pleasing incan tint. I thought it should be gone by now for $100!!!

Manker E02 Tiny Angle Light SST20 4000K 95CRI Promotion for $18.50. Just 3 left. A really really good light for under $20 bucks.

Just launch the Weltool line of lights I like most. This brand is new to me and surely has top quality. Quality is at least equal to the best on Sky Lumen. I hate the excessive prints from this brand though. Lets talk about the So So one first.

T6vn: I think of this as an upgraded Surefire 6P with a very unique dual stage reflector beam.
It's a good light but nothing revolutionary. $108 is good deal for the quality though.

T13vn
I thought I would like this light but it runs out to be a little long for a 18350 light. This light should have a protruding clicky IMO. Save the tail standing tail cap design for M7vn. OP reflector gives nice soft beam. I have lately been a great fan of OP reflector. Actually I want OP reflector in everything except for dedicated throwers.

M7vn. This is an excellent light. I always wanted a mule with an aspheric lens to project mor forward lumen and this light is it. LOVE LOVE the extra slim and compact size for a clicky. I am obsezzed about this light. Grips nice and looks so attractive to my eyes. I even like the gold bezel for a bit of contrast. If this light has a tail standing tail cap It would be Perfect. Until then it's a great light and I enjoy it very much.

T5vn. My first 18500 light. The light is smaller than an average 18650 but larger than a 18350 light as expected. I think it has great looks and nice robust build. I am just not warmed up to 186500 yet. I wish it was smaller I guess…

M3vn Gooseneck Light. This light is a Must Have just like a headlamp is a Must Have light. Tail stand solidly. Head bends and stay exactly where you put it. Truly excellent build quality for the price. If you can't afford my modded version just buy a stock one for $79. Its worth every penny! I could easily make this light much brighter but that's not the point of this light. 400-600Lumen is plenty bright for most jobs. The magnet is HUGE in this light and it sticks solidly! I expect the bottom to accumulate battle scars with use sicne this magnet really does the job. I can not recommend this light though. Its replacing a bunch of my work lights.

T2vn is the best tactical mechanical clicky light on my store. This is a bold claim but it's the truth for me. Has great looks, grip nicely, perfect beam, flawless clicky operation. Has the quality to handle abuse but not overkill heft. I call it tactical because it doesn't tail stand. Other than that its really a nice light for all jobs.

Weltool T7 is a light I thought I would like due to cool looks but then ended up being too much of a tank build for a 14500 light.

M6 Mule Pen light is a nice simple light that should work well for certain professionals. Just not my type of light for mods.

Added some nice deals to my clearance section:

I am getting some NB90.16 10,000 Lumen LED soon so you bet the next newsletter will be impressive output records breaking releases. Cheers!

Vinh

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
ONE-OFF DawnVN Spinner
$ 333.33
  • Close Up Demo Video Here:
  • Triple 519a 5700K 90CRI Primaries Cooler Neutral Tint - DeDome to 4500K Standard neutral tint & more throw upon request
  • Single 519a 3000K DeDome 90CRI Secondary Flood = Incan ~2000K floody warm pleasant for night adapted eyes
  • 2 Vapcell IMR16350 850mAH included
  • Extra slick long runtime rear spinner
  • Excellent overall build quality
  • Interesting see through body fins view of internal light engine
  • UI: Forward Momentary ON and mode select with 1/2 press from OFF
  • From OFF 1/2 Presses = Low-High Secondary then Low-Medium-High-Turbo Primary
  • Full click from OFF = Constant ON at desired mode
  • Cosmetic Mods: Hand polished bezel & body, Sapphire lens upgrade, Primary & Secondary LEDs upgrade, Wide beam optics upgrade, AHC spinner retainer.

Purchase Here:
image0 2.jpeg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Its weird how the bezel slots are so short. Doesn't hold 1.5X6mm trits like the tail does.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Here is my take on reflector P60 light engines VS multi emitter with optics P60 light engines. For ANY P60 host my recommendation is to go with a triple or a quad since the solid copper slug is P60 biggest heat sinking advantage compared to a conventional light. Any P60 reflector light engine will have much worse heat sinking due to much less mass and its inherent light engine to reflector to body thermal path design. Copper slugs has tall side wall that allows for easy foil wrapping and thus max contact surface to the body. Triple and quad copper MCPCB also gets solder bonding to the copper slug with solder completely filled around the MCPCB perimeter for the best possible thermal relief. Reflector light engines should be relatively mildly driven due to heat concerns.
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.23.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.22.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.22.43 PM.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am down to last several SLN.
Most lights on my store prices may be negotiable. SLN is the only light that I will always be firm with the price for reasons I am sure all owners would appreciate. Cheers!

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.35.47 PM.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is what all white LEDs look like with the phosphorus removed...Crazy Blue
Originally a SBT90.2 5700K DL here

image1-1.jpeg
image0-1.jpeg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Last one

wolfstyle

Enlightened
Last one

Looks like a nice light, just purchased. Does it come with a headband or do you have one that works with this light?