• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2021

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago, a talented CPF member removed the Zebralight guts (by milling?) and placed it in a custom made flashlight; sounds too expensive in this application. A reliable Anduril flashlight with a killer-good switch seems like a better candidate than ZL.

SKV89

Enlightened
Let me know exactly which LED you guys want me to order to test?

I am bout to break the damn glass on a Zebralight to put one in if I have to! I am just worried about hurting the reflector in the process hahahah

I want the 2700K since I will be using them mostly at night time. I know the Thrunite T1 is for sure 12V. I think all of the Thrunite XHP50 and likely XHP70 flashlights are 12V. So Thrunite TH30v2, T2, TC15v2, T1 should all be modable with the the B35AM. But I think Olights with these emitters would be much sexier because Olight drivers have the highest efficiency of all brands. The Olight Perun, Perun 2, Warrior 3, Baton Pro would be super sweet. Zebralights would be good too but their drivers aren't as efficient as Olight drivers. Please mod some. I will buy a few or a bunch with this emitter!

SKV89

Enlightened
I found this pic in Hank's DM11 thread. The B35AM looks great.
20211121114036.png

This is the DUV measured for Eurekatronix's batch of B35AM. Seems only the 2700K is below the BBL. But if this is same as E21A, on higher current, they should all fall below BBL. But according to this test, the 2700K tint should be sweet.
B35-AM-nichia-report.png

Wow! What a beautiful demonstration of SFT-40's neutral temperature... I need to get me an SFT-40 light now! Makes me really want that MK38vn with SFT40s even more now haha.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent blades come out of Japan.
I try to only shave with Feather double edged razor blades.

SKV89

Enlightened
Vinh, have you heard about these new Chinese made LEDs? Look at the lumen and intensity of the SFH55. Much higher than the XHP70.2. Almost approaching the SBT90.2 in intensity!

1641921588862.png

Someone posted this in the other forum:
I just bought a Mateminco MT35 Mini with SFS80 and tested it. I measured 7.2A from the tailcap. The light has 116k candela and 2148 lumens so it is very close to a SFT40. In fact, it seems to perform better than the SFT40 lights that I have.

The beam is pure white and even has a slight rosy tint. I like the beam better than my C8 with a W2 emitter since it is very even. The W2 is somewhat lopsided.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Vinh. Do you do any Surefire mods, perhaps an emitter swap on a U2? I picked up a used one here. I love the flashlight size and UI and the beam pattern for night walks. Perfect for use with gloves on too. But the original SSC P4, while lovely in beam, is quite cool in tint for use in the woods. I don't need a huge output increase but something with a nice tint and high CRI like maybe a Nichia or Luminus would make this light amazing. Are there viable options for the U2? Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh. Do you do any Surefire mods, perhaps an emitter swap on a U2? I picked up a used one here. I love the flashlight size and UI and the beam pattern for night walks. Perfect for use with gloves on too. But the original SSC P4, while lovely in beam, is quite cool in tint for use in the woods. I don't need a huge output increase but something with a nice tint and high CRI like maybe a Nichia or Luminus would make this light amazing. Are there viable options for the U2? Thanks!
I modded several U2 in the past. Cant really remember how it went..I think any HCRI you want would do fine in it. Mod is about $55-$75. Depending on difficulty. I have to see the light to know for sure.
[email protected]

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok, thanks. I will send you an email and we can see about sending you the light. Member Nitroz has done a few and might have some pics around here too of the process. I think opening the threadlocker on the front end is maybe the challenging part.

Sorry for posting in last year's thread. Mis-clicked!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry about it. Since CPF got "upgraded" I cant seem to do much with threads organization anymore. I really like the new Photos sharing feature and clean look but not able to unpin a thread is very annoying.

nbp

Flashaholic
Good point. Might be worth PMing member "Mr. Ed" (new forum owner) to see if he plans to give Custom builders like you Mod privileges in your subforum. I don't know what he is or isn't keeping from the old ways.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Order placed for them 519a

I skipped 4000K and 5700K due to personal preference. If you guys think that's a mistake I will add those too.
Untitled.png

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess cool has fallen out of favor these days…but I have a Nichia 5700K high CRI and the tint it just spectacular.

I know 219b 3500K is all the rage, but it's undeniably rosy…5700K is pure white and quite refreshing.

You can make 4000K with (2*3500 + 2*4500), but 4000K is definitely a great neutral tint.

I might send you some 519A 5700K emitters for a quad.

Last edited: