The lounge 2104 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Cream

Enlightened
Re: The V54 Lounge.

maybe the lights that do get hot could have a Teflon coated flat heat sink for cooking bacon & eggs while camping.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

just bought $150 worth of Teflon wires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good stuff--Silver over Copper strands--I still have several outlets in my house wired with Teflon insulated wire--Stereo days--Man you can lay the heat to it and the insulation barely gets soft

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I hate silicone as the cover breaks too easy and always too bulky got the gauge

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

seven nines copper???
Not the stuff I used for electric outlets(mil spec stuff I found cheaper) but I had several interconnects and speaker cables made withOHFC copper I think I still have a $900 transparent coax cable

ruke

Enlightened

Not the stuff I used for electric outlets(mil spec stuff I found cheaper) but I had several interconnects and speaker cables made withOHFC copper I think I still have a $900 transparent coax cable

better not talk too much about esoteric stuff here, people will think.....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

My Paypal account was just hacked. Someone made like 10 different transactions and stole around $2000. I was able to talk to paypal to put a limitation to my account and reverse the funds. Until this is over I am only allowed to accept paypal but not send out any money or issue refunds. Should take a week to be back to normal. I strongly urge everyone to keep an eye on your account and change your password regularly.

My Paypal account was just hacked. Someone made like 10 different transactions and stole around $2000. I was able to talk to paypal to put a limitation to my account and reverse the funds. Until this is over I am only allowed to accept paypal but not send out any money or issue refunds. Should take a week to be back to normal. I strongly urge everyone to keep an eye on your account and change your password regularly.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that Vinh, I'm going to change my password now, thanks for the heads up

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

It was very scary to see constant withdrawal in front of your eyes

ruke

Enlightened

I've set notifications for both emails and txt, just checked could configure to send notice by txt or email for sending $$$ or making a purchase!

Last edited:

oal

Newly Enlightened

the best thing you can do to help prevent fraud is sign up for the security key.

from their site: The PayPal Security Key gives you a second authentication factor when you're logging in to your account. In addition to your password, you enter a One Time Pin (OTP) that is unique for each login. These two factors give you stronger account security.

What is it? The PayPal Security Key sends you a temporary security code via SMS that you enter in addition to your password when you log in to PayPal.

So no transaction can take place unless you enter in the a one-time time sensitive code that is texted to you.

Sorry about your trouble Vinh!

ven

Flashaholic

Holy............*beeps* and glad you spotted it. Sorry to hear:( but its under control now:thumbsup: Other than it will being sorted out(which it will be of course) what measures are they putting in place to help protect more..................you need piece of mind.

I get the odd mail about updating card or near expiring etc

I wont use any email at all be it actually paypal or not,i separate log in through site and never a link via email!!!.

Also banks or paypal never ask for pass words via mail example:- Hi please update your card etc etc etc and req pass word on email.

I am not saying that this is what happened,its a general comment with any bank too,even if 1 person who reads this out of 2000 did not know ......its helped and apologies to those who its "stated the obvious".

Glad all being sorted out vinh:thumbsup: and again sorry to hear,really knocks confidence still as its a personal invasion :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.